DVR does not remember where I left off

Recently when I partially watch a show and return to finish it does not remember where my forward progress in the show was and starts back to the beginning. It was flawless over the previous couple of years. Frustrating to have to FF back to where I was every time I start to finish a show. Anybody else experiencing this issue? It doesn't happen every time so I don't think I have a setting issue?

Can you provide any more details on what you’re watching or anything else. Which platform are you using?

This is something that mostly hasn’t changed for years, and it’s the first mention of it. So something funny is happening.

Also, please submit diagnostics from the app.

1 Like

This is just a guess, but it has happened to me.

If you don't properly exit the player, the server thinks it is still playing and plays all the way to the end while you are gone.

I am using an Nvidia Shield Android TV Pro from 2020 (newest model) and Samsung 1TB SSD for storage. Although the problem is somewhat intermittent it has become more frequent in the last few weeks. Most of the recordings are network television recorded from HD Homerun tuner. I have tried pausing then hitting the back arrow to leave the in progress viewing as well as just back arrow. Both often lead to the counter going back to the beginning of the program. I was watching the news this evening and it did it again. I sent over diagnostics at 6:27PM today 11/14. Thanks for your time on this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.