DVR issues with 4K channels on HdHomerun

My DVR keeps recording the Fox network in our area (Dallas) on channel 104.1 - 4K, instead of on 4.1 normal HD....
I have X out the 4K channels on the HD homerun setup and yet it still seems to insist to record OTA on 104.1 which does not work...Volume and fast forward are hosed..

Is there any way to force the system to not record this ATSC 3.0 4K Fox channel.....Very frustrating....The passes are created on 4.1 but it persists to use 104.1 for the DVR...I've tried everything I know to try...

Thanks

If you disable the channels in the Channels admin, it isn’t supposed to use it for recording. Did you do that?

Yes. All are crossed out both in the Channels App and also in the HDHomerun setup as well.

1 Like

The app has a separate disabled list from the DVR. To control what the DVR uses, you need to manage that from the web UI.

Is this the HDHomeRun software installation program, or the web interface on the tuner itself? I don't believe the setup application adjusts which channels are disabled on the tuner; that needs to be handled from the tuner's website directly. (Or from the DVR's web UI; I believe those are kept in sync.)

Disabled in the HdHomerun tuner's Web Interface. Even though they are disabled, if I search for a program to set up a Pass it shows them on 104.1 instead of the standard Hd 4.1. I am stumped

I will log on to the channels core app itself on the NAS where it resides via the web and double check. I don't recall seeing a place to disqualify certain channels from DVR usage. Thanks. I will double check this.

1 Like

If you manage the lineup of a particular source, you can then selectively disable a channel. (In the example below you can see that I have CNN International disabled.)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I believe the issue has been resolved. I ran a few recording tests this morning and it looks like the issue has been resolved.

1 Like