DVR - Keep for "X" Days

Feature Request:
Keep recordings for specified # of days rather then the number of recordings.

I seen this post and thought it was a good idea

@itgoes211

1 Like

It may be useful for those with a finite amount of HDD space so I'll vote for it

This is not such a good Idea unless you add "WATCHED" keep for X amount of days ...

I think the original post about "PrimeTime Anytime" is perfect use case. How it worked when I had Dish was Primtime Anytime kept everything from 7-11pm on Primetime channels for exactly 7 days.

I am sure there are other use cases. But i am sure v if feature is implemented someone will find a reason we have not thought of.

Some things you don't care if they delete unwatched episodes. Think daily news, talk shows, etc. Though I think keep "X" number of recordings is the better solution. I can see merit with keep "X" days

Note this feature request was not my brain child. I seen it in another post and said, thats neat. Lets make it a feature request.

1 Like

A little background on how I use this....I currently have Dish and use the Prime Time Anytime. I don't watch all the recordings but sometimes its nice to have a few days of the primetime shows so if someone says "hey did you see......last night" etc. I don't really want to have to watch all the shows for the system to be able to auto delete them. Just a nice feature the way I use it...

2 Likes