Dvr loss on nvidia

If I leave my Shield tv on standby it looses Dvr features, if I close channels app and restart dvr is back, anyone else experience this?

Fergin

Yes, this same behavior happens to me on occasion.

Don’t quote me on this, but I think I read of the same complaint with the SD DVR software on the Nvida Shield over on the SD forums a while ago? ICBW.

My mind still works some of the time :slight_smile: Unable to Play Channel / DVR Full

Various other complaints about “issues” using the Nvidia Shield as a DVR, as well. My take is that it’s not well-suited to the task. YMMV.

I’m not using the shield as a dvr, I use a homeserver pc as the dvr and the shield as the player, the shield loses dvr features, I.e can not see recordings, until shield reset, overall works well though on shield

Fergin

When this happens next time, can you try opening the DVR web UI and uncheck/recheck the Bonjour checkbox.

Just an FYI for any of you trying to use the Nvidia Shield as a DVR server and client.

Over the past year or two, I’ve run into various problems trying to run the Nvidia Shield as a DVR server for Channels, Plex, HDHR, other DVR solutions, etc.

Channels is absolutely the best DVR program I’ve found…forget the rest…Channels is the most functional, user friendly, feature rich solution, bar none.

However, all of the DVR solutions I’ve tried have had a problem (or two or three). Lately, I found that rebooting the Shield everyday solved most of these problems. Each of the OS iterations of the Shield has resulted in marked improvements. Latest is still a bit hinky…but Channels DVR server works great if one reboots every day or two.

Hopefully, the next OS upgrade on Shield will finally resolve various problems without this need for rebooting periodically. Current posts on Shield forum indicate this possibility.

Will do, I’ll let you know how I get on

Fergin

Did this again and tried the inches recheck bonjour and it came back

Is there anyway of stopping this happening

Cheers

Fergin

@Fergin can you go to Player tab and click Submit Diagnostics > Crash

Ok, done that

Thanks

Fergin

Thanks, but the diagnostics didn’t show anything since it had been too long since the issue. Next time you notice DVR is disconnected, submit Crash diagnostics right away.

ok

Thanks

Hi

Happened again, crash log sent

Fergin