DVR network interface binding

Something I noticed and forgot to mention.
Appears your implementation is binding to all network interfaces.
Here's from Machine details on my Synology package install.
Endpoints
x.x.x.x:port (Home network WAN IP address)
10.10.10.19:port (Synology eth1 i/f not connected to LAN or router, direct connection between NAS's)
172.17.0.1:port (Synology Docker default bridge network not being used)
172.18.0.1:port (Synology Docker named bridge network used by containers including Channels DVR)
192.168.1.4:port (Synology eth0 i/f connected to LAN and router used by Channels DVR)

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 14-10-55 Channels Settings

Same NAS. Here's from Machine details on my Synology Docker container install.
Endpoints
x.x.x.x:port (Home network WAN IP address)
172.18.0.3:port (Synology Docker named bridge network used by Channels DVR container)

Yes you are correct, we always bind to 0.0.0.0 for that port (which listens on all network interfaces). Can you elaborate on what the problem is?

Don't think there's any problem other than unnecessary packet traffic.
I asked a long time ago and what you just said was never confirmed.
Now I know.

There's not really any unnecessary traffic, it's just information about what network interfaces are available on the system that the DVR is reachable over.

Bringing this one back up....
I'm playing with a new Debian based server, with multiple VLANs running on a bonded interface. Now, the DVR bonds to all the VLANs and I need to be able to have it bind only to my 'media' VLAN.

Also, since I'm also running IPv6, thoughts there would be appreciated. Being able to bind by interface name would be a plus, otherwise I'll have a problem if my prefix changes (I have a prefix suffix assigned for the 'media' IPv6 VLAN)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.