DVR "Playback Failed" & Streaming:"Turner not Responding"

Running Windows 10 Home

Can't play recorded programs getting the message "Playback Failed". Can see the thumbnails but not able to play.

Also, streaming service channels are not coming in getting "Turner not Responding". The over the air channels via HDHomrun are coming in just fine

Also, Guide info is not populating

What device on your tv? Did you try restarting the Channels app?

Fire stick, and yes, have restarting app, network and PC this morning and got the the message the channel DVR server could not be discovered.

Can you open the dvr web UI on your PC and check the Help tab

Yes seeing the message below as well as a similar message in the logs

Cloud Reachable Could not connect to community.getchannels.com: Get "https://community.getchannels.com/": dial tcp 104.24.112.77:443: connectex: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

1 Like

Are you running a firewall that could be blocking outgoing connections?

I am getting the Third Party Firewall: WARNING: Found third-party firewall software: Norton 360, Norton 360, but have always gotten that and in Norton the Channel DVR is marked as "Allow"
see logs below
2020/03/27 18:00:22.669127 [TRS] Disk Permissions: OK
2020/03/27 18:00:23.425684 [TRS] System Firewall: OK
2020/03/27 18:00:23.459169 [TRS] Third Party Firewall: WARNING: Found third-party firewall software: Norton 360, Norton 360
2020/03/27 18:00:23.459169 [TRS] Network Flow Control: OK
2020/03/27 18:00:23.801735 [TRS] Power Management: OK

Can you Submit Diagnostic Logs from the DVR so we can check it out further?

Ok, I hit the Submit Diagnostic Logs icon so you should get them.

It doesn't look like it went through. Can you send the Diagnostic ID it gave you?

it did not return an ID after I hit the icon? should I email the log info?

Yes, please email the log info to [email protected]

OK, just sent

All of the errors continue to point to you having a firewall running on your computer that is blocking Channels from making outgoing connections. Once you resolve that everything should work again.

Let me research and see if I am able to check the firewall logs to determine what may have changed. If you think of any other options let me know.

It could be that the auto-update that happened last night caused the firewall to no longer see it as the same application and an exclusion needs to be re-added.

OK- Resolved. Checked the firewall logs and yes, showed with the update it started blocking the Channel DVR. Unblocked and now running :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help!!!!

This is the issue I'm having as well

I'm having playback issues on my raspberry pi4 installation as well. I purchased a new router modem. how and where do I check if I have a firewall stopping it?