DVR rerun mode?

i could be missing something but after a year or so of heavy use (love channels dvr), would love a setting in pass creation where the dvr just recorded 3 (or however many) and didnt refresh unless just after an episode is watched.

don’t really need to replace eps i haven’t watched but also don’t want to tax my server.

use case: i’d love 5 eps of the simpsons just sitting there. but would just want the system to grab a new recording when i watch one. since it seems the simpsons airs 100x a day, my dvr just keeps recording and replacing unwatched episodes which feels unnecessary.

thoughts?

You can do this in the web UI under advanced tab for the series pass

@tmm1 beat me to it while I was looking at the advanced settings on my server.

Would that do it?

brilliant! i thought i’d dug in all the crevasses—will take a look. thank you!

It’s late and I’m dense right now but how would any of these settings prevent what the OP is describing: “don’t want to replace episodes I haven’t watched”?

With the settings in the screenshot, won’t it still keep recording unwatched episodes?

I only use this setting for the evening news where I am keeping only one episode so it records a new “episode” whether I’ve watched the last episode or not which is what I want.

I’m probably missing something either in the OP or in the answer / settings so feel free to show me the error of my ways :joy:

The limit option stops recording once a certain amount of episode have been recorded.

1 Like

Ah! I guess was thinking of the “keep” setting for number of recordings.

Limit section could be pretty useful for me now that I think about it../