DVR Server Couldn’t Be Discovered

I’ve had the same setup for almost two years: Apple TVs in the family room, primary bdrm, primary bath. Channels has worked great. All of a sudden, the two Apple TVs in the primary bed/bath are getting errors saying Channels can’t discover the server. The family room works fine.

There have been no changes to the wireless network, internet, or the PC I’m using as a server. Any ideas?

1 Like

From time to time, I see the same problem. By rebooting it fixes both my ATV and N Shield.

Please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Additionally, if you could submit diagnostics from your DVR and give us the ID, we'll be able to use that as well.

Thanks, I submitted diagnostics from the device and the DVR. The DVR gave me this: bf0488b9-4254-4ba1-98f8-ebd6e92dd525

Appreciate the help!

Unfortunately there's nothing useful in the logs other than that it's saying that the connection from the Apple TV to the DVR timed out. The DVR did not see the HTTP request, so there is some sort of an issue on your local network that seems to be causing this issue.

Check your switches, network cables, router, etc. to see if rebooting any of them helps or re-connecting/swapping cables helps.

Thanks for checking. I tried rebooting my ATV devices but haven’t rebooted my network. I’ll try that next.

Well I did get my two Apple TV devices connected by manually putting in the entire IP address. I thought only the first three strings had to match, but apparently the 4th number string also had to match . I have no idea why and how it got confused to begin with. This just highlighted yet another problem I’ll post about separately - the guide data for my local channels is missing so I’m not getting scheduled recordings on those channels.

I'm not quite following what you mean. Did you only input 11.22.33, but your server's address is 11.22.33.44? (That's like trying to call 212-555-0186, but only dialing 212-555 ... and expecting the call to go through.)

1 Like