DVR won't start on Mac

Hi, I just got a new iMac and used migration assistant to move all my data and programs to it. For some reason Channels is one of the few apps that won’t start on it’s own. I can go to the channels directory and double click it, and it’ll run (with a little terminal window open the whole time) but if I close the terminal window it’ll terminate Channels again.

I’ve run the installer script from terminal a few times but unless i manually go and double click channels-dvr in the folder it wo’n’ launch or run.

Any suggestions?

I recommend moving/deleting the channels-dvr directory and running the installer again. During setup you should get an option to restore your old settings (when you navigate to your old recordings folder).

You can also visit http://127.0.0.1:8089/restore on the new installation to restore your old settings, recordings and passes

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I have it working now.

Thanks! I had actually done all that before but I did manage to get it working.

It seems that I needed to uninstall the app, and then delete the directory. I had actually done both of those things separately but evidently had not done them in that order before. But doing so let me reinstall channels and everything is working again.

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like