Dvr won't work

...and what exactly does "I didn't see a default U/P anywhere" mean to you?

It's amazing.

Reading the docs gives some hints. I thought I remember saying "No offense" Clearly you took it that way.

My comment was more a less, why make things more difficult for yourself if you're not familiar with linux. That's all. Geez...

1 Like

You must be under 30. "No offense" essentially means "I'm about to say something offensive but do not wish to be called on it."

Older folks skip right to the obvious translation.

Okay I'm done. Have fun.

1 Like

Well that's good. Now we both understand what you should be doing.

Incidentally, I know I have to create and manage keys for SSH to access this. Had someone that mattered engaged me I would have told them how patently ridiculous that is with a product that has an admin page with no session timeout. It's a needless extra step that makes accessing the thing cumbersome and annoying. Some of us use multiple machines throughout the day and having to switch to a certain one, or manually set up all of them, for a product like this, is just plain ridiculous.

Don't use it then.

1 Like

It's a design choice - the dedicated build is meant to be nearly seamless, without the need for CLI. It's tacked on for occasional troubleshooting.

Nothing stopping you from homebrewing Channels onto an already built RPi with anything you want. I've done both, and prefer the built image, for speed/ease.

Closing this, chill out d00ds.

3 Likes