Easily add all Imported Movies to a collection

That worked, except there's no way to get rid of the ones I don't want now, like the 30 Recorded Christmas movies that I want in their own collection. One step forward two steps back...LOL

try excluding by genre.... also.

can you give me an example? I'm not seeing exclude as an option.

genres!=Holiday import=true

Brilliant!!! Thank you so much!!!

This just cinched it for me. Plex is gonna be gone!!!

2 Likes

Next pre-release build will have Imported as an option in the Smart Rule Editor. So this should be easy moving forward.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Would also like to know if there is documentation for all the keywords we can use in the advanced rule editor!

Does this feature not work with shows or am I doing it wrong!

I do not think that feature is available in shows you have to use advanced.

Does not appear when using Show

Only movies and episodes can be determined as imported.

Must be me then! I'm trying to create a collection that will pull out all episodes of a specific show that were imported, and a second collection that has just the recorded (not imported) episodes of that same show. Seems like using this IMPORTED option on episodes in the rule editor is exactly what I need. I just can't figure it out! (BTW - yes, I'm using the pre-release version!)

I really appreciate any help.

Collections don’t support individual episodes. Only Shows and Movies.

Finally got it, I think: Collections can only include individual movies and entire shows. So for example, I can make a collection that includes the movie Goldfinger and all my episodes of Golden Girls... but not a collection that includes the movie Dr. No and some of my episodes of Dr. Phil. Is that right?

So next questions!

First, that means IMPORTED being added as an option to the rules editor is of no use for shows since the rules editor is only available for collections, collections can only contain shows not episodes, and only episodes can be marked as imported, right?

Second, is the only way to access the imported information of an episode by using the filter in the manage section of the web interface? And that's really only for adding/editing/updating metadata, excluding labels?

Lastly, Channels has no feature that allows me to separate out episodes in any way that I can use on the user facing DVR interface? So there's no way to have (making up an extreme example here!) only seasons 1,3,5 of The Odd Couple appear for users (without doing something like listing them as separate shows)?

Hope I don't sound critical, because that is absolutely not my intent! Just trying to figure out all the features available to me because the program is stuffed with so many of them that it can be overwhelming!

Yep, that's why it's not available

I don't understand the question.

No. We're aware of this and have plans to resolve it by creating a more Playlist like feature, which is what would be more appropriate for mixed lists of episodes.

Nope! We understand, it can be confusing, especially with no way to make a "collection" of episodes. We hope to resolve this soon.

Story Time

Just to get nerdy, to help explain why shows aren't available to filter by imported/recorded: TV Shows are essentially groups with no real metadata besides names, art, summaries, and a list of related recordings/episodes.

TV Shows could contain episodes that are both recorded from live tv, or imported from files on your hard drive. These recordings/files are the ones that can be determined whether they were recorded or imported, TV Shows can not.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info and sorry for some repeated questions. I actually did read over a lot of previous posts before replying! But with the recently added "imported" option, I was just curious about what had changed.

The question I didn't phrase well enough was basically, if individual show episodes have data on whether they are imported or not, where can I access that info and what can I do with it? The one place I already found was the filters in the DVR>Manage>Shows. It looks like you can batch edit show metadata there. I was curious if there was anywhere else I was missing that might have different options.

I'm less than a week into using this software and am loving it! It's already doing what I hoped it would, and now I'm enjoying digging into what else I can use if for!

1 Like

Yes, that's one place. The other place you can use it is with Virtual Channels.

Well that's one of the things I needed! I was trying to make a collection that only included imported episodes of a show that I could then use as the basis of a virtual channel. That didn't work! Instead I cut out the middle man and directly made a virtual channel with a rule that said: title is the name of the show, imported is true, and category is episode. Works perfectly. (EDIT: Looks like I may not need the category=episode part)

A playlist-like option sounds great too.

There is so much to learn about and dig into with this! Thanks for your time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.