EPG blank on AppleTV in remote house

Hello

I have an issue with a remote Channels app on an Apple TV not displaying the EPG.

The set up looks like this:

HOUSE1
Channels DVR
HDHomeRun QUATRO
ATV1

HOUSE2
HDHomeRun DUO
ATV2

The Channels DVR app on ATV2 in HOUSE2 seems to use the local HDHomerun DUO as its tuner source fine - great.

It also gets access to the recordings in HOUSE1 - great. It's set to Away.

Unfortunately the ATV2 in HOUSE2 doesn’t get much EPG. See screenshot!
I’m not sure if it’s trying to get the EPG from the HomeRunDUO (locally) or the ChannelsDVR in HOUSE1.

HOUSE1 and HOUSE2 are about 2 miles apart. Tuners use the same broadcast antenna.

How can I fix this?

Thank you

Are the clocks on the Apple TV and the DVR accurate?

Thanks Eric

Yes - set via network

Please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Thanks Eric

Just done 22.21 GMT from IP 51.x.x.252

Ah, so I think what is happening is:

1. HDHRs that are on the same network as the DVR and configured by the DVR will get guide data from Gracenote (which gives you 14 days of guide data)
  2. HDHRs in the UK get their data from DVB over the air, which is only gathered when the client is watching TV

So, if it's been a while since you watched TV, it could be missing some guide data on the DVR that isn't on the same network as the DVR.

I am confused why there's something missing on the left side of the guide, but we don't have a good way in our diagnostics to give granular details about what is in our DVB guide cache.

Thanks Eric

Actually that ATV2 is used a lot more than the one locally to the DVR, which has no problem with EPG.

In the settings, is there a way to force the EPG to get guide data from online instead of OTA?

It kinda feels like, because the ATV2 almost seems multi-homed, it's getting local broadcasts from local DUO, but guide data and recordings from House1

Yeah, I definitely understand what you would want to happen. Unfortunately the mapping of the DVR ID to guide happens on the DVR itself. There's no way to specify a guide mapping from the DVR for an HDHR that the DVR can't see.

The only way to get guide data from Gracenote would be to put another DVR (under the same account) in the other house and connect to that one when you're at that house. I know it would mean you would have to switch DVRs to be able to get to recordings on the other one, but that would be the only way at the moment to solve this.

1 Like