EPG Data Running Out etc

I am fairly new to Channels DVR, transplanted from TiVo. I think it is excellent but some things irritate me, or maybe I am just doing things wrong.

I have an HD Homerun tuner, that works just fine. Also have Pluto and a few other providers set up using m3u streams. This is a great feature and I have a total of 6 sources of free stuff.

I have it set up to reload EPG data every 3 hours, but this doesn't always seem to work. So I have to manually refresh in the server settings. Then furthermore the new listings are not populated on the Apple TV unless I reboot the thing.

This is not very user friendly. I would ask for 3 things.

1. Have one refresh button in the server settings that manually refreshes all channel sources inc EPGs.
  2. This should then automatically be applied to the client without having to reboot. Seems to work with Collections but not EPG data.
    And 3) If there is no EPG data available for a channel then instead of it appearing blank there are half hour slots marked in the empty EPG that would allow a recording when watching a channel or could be scheduled for a later time.

Apologies if I am doing things wrong or asking for impossible solutions, I am fairly new to it as I say.

Thanks for any help

I believe you can set each guide to refresh every 3 hours. Just an fyi..... I think pluto guide is only a few hours ahead & most people here have the guide set to refresh every 3 hours.

Yes I have that, but it still doesn't seem to appear on the Apple TV without reloading, rebooting etc

1 Like

The DVR log prints messages every time EPG is updated. Do you see that happening every three hours? Are there errors printed when the EPG is missing?

Will check and report back later

Seems to be working better now. Somehow the update for e.g. Pluto had switched to daily rather than every 3 hours. Also some EPG data was not being found, still seems a bit random when it appears on the client though.

Thanks for the log tip.