EPG in Finland

Hi, otherwise Channels is working really good, but few channels are missing logos and one channel has wrong epg and its in swedish.

YleTv2, channel number 2 has a wrong logo.
TV5, channel number 7 is missing a logo.
NatGeo, channel 20, has a swedish epg, wrong timeline and programs.
4HD, channel number 24 is missing a logo.

Also, the main banner view on ATV home screen isnt working always, those quick buttons seem to show that the same program is live on and on for several days.

Which location and provider did you select in the app for guide data?

Theres nothing to choose anymore, its just Broadcast (OTA)… After some update its just been like that.

Please take a photo of the Settings tab with your HDHomeRun highlighted and email to [email protected]

Done.

I started to have similar problems. We got a new hd Channel MTVHD on Channel 23 gets no EPG data, but the sd Channel MTV3 on Channel 3(confusingly also called mtv3fhd,but it is not hd it is sd) gets EPG data.
Channels 1,2,3 are YLE1, YLE2 and MTV3 respectively but when I start to watch them the programs I see are from the Estonian broadcasting company, neighboring country 80km away.

All these channels showing "Julkaistaan pian" do not show EPG data at all. Problem has been on for days! Any fix coming, support email is not answering...

I have exactly the same problem, also FOX-channel information is not updated, the same program information stays in it all the time. No help with reloading the EPG, or re-tuning channels.

Several months gone now and Channels does not seem to have interest for us finnish customers...

I guess it would be fair for future customers if you just remove Finland from supported countries, since it does not seem to be supported anymore.

While I can see how it appears as such, the fault doesn't quite lay with Channels. The issue is that Gracenote—the supplier of guide data to Channels—is telling its customers, including Channels, that it supports Finland.

But yes, if Finnish broadcasts are no longer receiving guide updates, then support for the region should not be listed.

Yes, I understand that Channels is not directly responsible for this problem. This however does not help the end user at all to know that there is no way to complain about this to anywhere but this Channels forum...

It should not be the problem of end user to resolve issues between software provider and their supplier... And to me it looks like Channels is not at all interested in resolving this...

Have you directly emailed support? If the issue is with their data supplier, it's not really fair to say that Channels is not interested in fixing the issue; they're in an unfortunate position of withdrawing their statement of support for Finland, or leaving it as-is with limited/meager support.

In either case, your best option is to reach out to them directly with your problems: [email protected]

Few cases already open on support but they do not reply at all to those. I interpret that as a lack of interest in fixing this issue.

Ps. I have been using Channels from day one and been part of testing DVR functionality etc. I fully support these guys and their awesome software. I have praised this software on finnish forums and to all my friends etc. Their software support was also always superb, but now for some reason (???) it has changed. And I understand that they are not directly responsible for this, but also I think that they should actively seek a solution to this.

Browsing the SiliconDust forums I came across a post that I figured was relevant, about a Finnish guide service (Nelonen) no longer providing Gracenote with updates: Plans to support Finland in future?

I thought I'd pass the information along here, as some additional details were provided.

2 Likes