Episodes missing details in guide recording repeatedly

A new issue has popped up for me. I have a series pass set up for Sesame Street. It is set to re-record episodes as I want to keep as many as possible for my son. This has worked fine as it will still only record one copy of each episode. However, lately the TVE version of PBS kids has shown an episode that apparently is missing identifying features in the guide. As a result the DVR is recording it over and over. Screenshot:

Since it appears the episode has no title I figured it would be easy using advanced pass settings to exclude episodes that have this issue. However, it doesn’t look like you can enter null in the advanced pass matching field. So I can’t say “If Title != ‘’”, basically. I hope that makes sense. I realize there is probably a way to do this but one challenge I’ve run into is that I can’t see how to expose all the fields in the guide data for the episode so I can easily identify one I can use to exclude this. Any ideas?

Hmmm. Can you add a rule for OriginalDate != 2014-09-01

So I have good news and bad news. The good news is, it did fix the ones with that date. The bad news is, now I see these coming up in the schedule. :crazy_face:

Okay how about this instead:

SeasonNumber > 0

If you want to get into the weeds, you can expose that data by looking at your scheduled jobs.
i.e. http://x.x.x.x:8089/dvr/jobs
and look at the json data to see if you can determine a way to exclude those you don't want.

If the guide provider doesn't give anything but generic info for the show episode, you're out of luck there.

Just like other DVR's, it all depends on the EPG data to make it work.

Thanks to you both. Found the json, putting it below. Based on this I believe @tmm1’s suggestion should work, as the bogus airings show a season of 0. Perhaps a future feature request would be to add an option in the menu for scheduled recordings (and even after they are recorded maybe) to “show guide data” to help with things like this.

"Source":"tms","Channel":"6777","OriginalDate":"1969-11-10","Time":1585836000,"Duration":1800,"Title":"Sesame Street","Summary":"Preparing children socially and academically for school.","Image":"http://fanc.tmsimg.com/assets/p184032_b_h6_aa.jpg","Categories":["Show","Series"],"Genres":["Educational","Children"],"Tags":["CC","DVS","Stereo"],"SeriesID":"184032","ProgramID":"SH000037860000-1585836000","TeamIDs":null,"SeasonNumber":0,"EpisodeNumber":0,"Directors":null,"Cast":["Fran Brill","Leslie Carrara-Rudolph","Ryan Dillon"],"Raw":{"startTime":"2020-04-02T14:00Z","endTime":"2020-04-02T14:30Z","duration":30,"channels":["6777"],"stationId":"31780","qualifiers":["CC","DVS","Stereo"],"ratings":[{"body":"USA Parental Rating","code":"TVY"}],"program":{"tmsId":"SH000037860000","rootId":"184032","seriesId":"184032","entityType":"Show","subType":"Series","title":"Sesame Street","titleLang":"en","releaseYear":1969,"releaseDate":"1969-11-10","origAirDate":"1969-11-10","descriptionLang":"en","shortDescription":"Preparing children socially and academically for school.","longDescription":"A longtime favorite of children and adults, and a staple of PBS, "Sesame Street" bridges many cultural and educational gaps with a fun program. Big Bird leads a cast of characters teaching children numbers, colors and the alphabet. Bert and Ernie, Oscar the Grouch and Grover are just a few of the other creatures involved in this show, set on a city street full of valuable learning opportunities.","topCast":["Fran Brill","Leslie Carrara-Rudolph","Ryan Dillon"],"genres":["Educational","Children"],"preferredImage":{"uri":"http://fanc.tmsimg.com/assets/p17509689_b_h6_ac.jpg","height":"540","width":"720","primary":"true","category":"Banner-L1","text":"yes","tier":"Season"}}}},"UpdatedAt":1585187956581},{"ID":"1585850400-28","Name":"Sesame Street","Time":1585850400,"Duration":1810,"Channels":["6777","46.4"],"Channel":"","DeviceID":"","RuleID":"28","Serial":1585187953,"FileID":"","Skipped":false,"Failed":false,"Error":"","Airing":