Error message in Channels log

My system locked up on me last night. I had to shut the ATV and TV off to get it back up. Reviewing the log this morning I see the following error message about the buffer. Looks like one of the HDHR connects closed the connect and the other opened the same up. Then the message below. What would cause that and would it have something to do with the system locking up.

Was that message during a recording, or while you were watching live?

Are you recording to a local USB drive?

I think we were live and recording at that point. I record to a local usb drive.

Is the DVR on Wi-Fi?

You can try turning off the “Tuner sharing” option in the app.

Everything is hard wired. What does the tuner sharing switch do? I turned it on thinking that allowed to switch to an unused tuner in the event more than two uses of a tuner we going at the same time and we needed a third.

Tuner sharing basically makes all live streams go through the DVR (which can share tuners if multiple recordings or live streams are using the same channel). In your case it seems the DVR in unable to proxy the video data fast enough, which usually means a weak network connection between the Apple TV and DVR.

thanks for the info. this has happened only one time that I know of. I’ll keep watch on it.