ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I only have tokens json and fox tokens json

I activated at dads house on spectrum, it worked but now it wont

2024-09-07 12:41:50 Could not get stream data. Event might be upcoming, ended, or in blackout...
2024-09-07 12:41:50 Failed to parse the stream
2024-09-07 12:41:50 Could not get a playlist for channel #17. Please make sure there is an event scheduled and you have access to it.

CC4C files still work though.

I just activated last night. Is there a way to check the tokens

Thank you for the reply. I am on a mac. I literally cannot find those files anywhere. I know they have to be somewhere but I cannot find them. EDIT: I found them. Thanks

I'm guessing I need to remove all the files and redo from scratch

When I run into issues it seems like the best to delete and start fresh. I am not sure on your situation but if you are trying to authenticate with Spectrum but not at a site with Spectrum, that can be tricky. ESPN+ should work no matter what network you are on but Fox and ESPN might have challenges.

1 Like

I tried fresh and no go. Not sure what to do, I will make a video.

I made some really good progress on NFL+ tonight. I think it's about ready - will support in-market games and Redzone (if you have premium). I'm working on some other updates around how linear channels are handled, and once that's done I'll add support for NFL Network as a dedicated channel.

Hopefully I'll cut a release some time this week.

3 Likes

Awesome, super excited. Thanks so much

I am almost done on themw.com for chrome capture - I am almost done with doing EPG for it and also working on Peacock! Sadly, channels doesn't play nice with it, I am currently having to use NextPVR as it is less of a resource hog.

Nice. Don’t forget to tag the airings with the right metadata so they can show up in Channel Collections, like Sports.

1 Like

Are there any other specific tags I should be including?

These are helpful:

<video>
  <quality>HDTV</quality>
</video>
<new/>
<live/>
<category lang="en">Football</category>
<category lang="en">Sports event</category>
<category lang="en">Sports</category>

Including these tags allow the airings generated to participate more in Channels' features.

1 Like

I have some decent guide data , would love some help in converting to usable xmltv file. Any help would be great!

Does 4k still work as of 9/9? I am doing good with chrome capture but ESPN+ docker I have issues lol

Discord if you want to collab

CBS Sunday ticket.

I have no idea what is going on here. Doesn't look like you're using E+ at all?

Okay, big release tonight.

One big thing is that I've re-written the MLB auth completely. No more passing in the username/password into environment variables. So it'll force you to login again when you start the container.

Back by popular demand is linear channels - but it's been completely re-imagined. There is separate endpoints for linear channels now, so you'll have to read the docs on how to enable it. Please note that it won't move over existing entries to the linear channels, but it will schedule new ones going forward. So it might take a day or 2 before they all move over. If you want a clean slate, wipe out the entries.db and schedule.db files from the config folder

With that is 2 new linear channels from Paramount+ (CBS Sports HQ and Golazo)

Oh, and I finished up the NFL+ integration :slight_smile:

I did try to test all the different use-cases, but I could have overlooked something. Just let me know.

9 Likes

Different topic, I figure since we are sports people CBS Sunday ticket would be a nice add. I can explain it on pm if you like.

Not trying to take your thunder awesome work btw..I'll have to reset it up

So with the new linear channels setting, we'd set the source to the new /linear-chanenls.m3u and associated m3u/xml file instead of the /channels.m3u file?

This is great work!
Question on the NFL+ addition.
In the NFL app one can authenticate different providers such as a TV Provider, Sunday Ticket credentials, Amazon, etc. for live games.
Does this new hook do this as well or does it only use NFL+ credentials for NFL+ content?

1 Like

This is great news thanks! Should solve the issue of triple overtime games getting cut off to switch to another game on a different network. :slight_smile:

Would FOX 4k have a dedicated linear channel? I realize the majority of the time it would have no programming which I'd be fine with.

You'll probably want both