ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Hmmm. I guess I need to try a device that connects to Channels. From the Channels web ui, I don't have any issues with it having to play twice. I'll start investigating that next.

1 Like

I have a feeling that the issue with the docker image crashing is due to the VM I'm running it on. I don't have a lot of resources allocated to it and looks like CPU is spiking high. I'm going to allocate additional resources and see if that helps.

In terms of the channels loading, I seem to be having similar results as jagrim on all providers linked to eplustv. In the Channels Web UI I often have to click the "watch now" button a second time for the channel to start playing. In the Apple TV and iOS app I have to exit the channel and open it again before it starts playing.

Thanks for your continued work on this integration!!

Bingo!!

Excellent description of the issue and its across devices as I also use a Firestick. I have to go back to beta 10 for it to work correctly.

1 Like

It works perfect for me in VLC so definitely seems like a Channels DVR thing in terms of the issues with the stream playing.

@m0ngr31 Would it be possible to add an environment variable to set or prefix the channel name that is output?

I prefer to have my channels ordered by name, but that ends up with all the EPlusTV channels showing up in the middle of the guide. It would be great for me to be able to adjust the channel names so that they appeared at the bottom.

1 Like

Please try this DVR prerelease:

1 Like

Issue still exists for me after upgrading to the latest pre-release (2023.01.10.0105).

Might require an update on my end as well

Still happening for me in Apple TV. Thanks.

1 Like

Any thought in adding a web page like the Pluto container with info? Links to the m3u/xml? Especially the access tokens to ESPN, fox, etc? Much easier than accessing the cli. Thanks

I'd say that's a worthwhile addition. I'll have to add it to my list

Okay, new version is up. Should fix some things hopefully!

4 Likes

Updated to channels ver 2023.01.10.0105
Updated to latest (beta 15) eplustv.

No issues watching from webgui or on Firestick 4K. It seemed a lot quicker getting to the stream and no errors showing in channels log.

Thanks for the quick fix.

3 Likes

I also just updated Channels to 2023.01.10.0105 and eplustv to the latest.

I use a FirestickTV and no need to click on and off a channel. This was a huge improvement. Thanks again for everyone involved!

1 Like

It's been awhile since I updated, and I really enjoy all the additional options and how much smoother it looks to be running. Great work!

Since Channels maxes out at 500 custom stations per m3u, I did make that setting adjustment. But man, things are spread out! I go from Station #3 to #53 to #94. I already have a Channel Collection for showing Live Sports, so it is not that noticeable, but when ESPN programs are followed by FS1 ones, it stands out. I know you are already pursuing a solution, so I look forward to that!

I think something you have put in is attempting to resolve this because now I see stations listed at the end of a program description:

However, it looks like anything that is ESPN+ is showing up as "undefined":

Also, would there be any way to get more granular control on something like Fox Sports? For instance, if I didn't want the BTN feed, could that be filtered out?

1 Like

This error should be fixed in the newest version

This is now fixed

What do you mean by this?

I think the latest update may have broken FOX

getting the same thing and its making the container go on a reboot loop

Try deleting the fox_tokens.json file and restart the container

2 Likes

where do i find that on docker desktop on a mac? why wouldnt it delete it after deleting the container? thanks!