ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

am also interested in the ESPN3 add on.....

for now, i want to add ESPN+. and read all 280 posts and associated links, just don't want to screw anything up during football season. The success rate here so far seems very hit and miss

1 Like

So yeah, if you individually go through ESPN3 events and copy the stream links they open in VLC no problem.

Is that an add on to get the links? What’s is it?

2 Likes

This Open in VLC media player – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

It looks doable. ESPN+ links aren't directly playable in VLC (at least I can't play them). The EplusTV container doesn't restream them either. It uses screen capture to capture the screen of a dockerized browser and streams that. This is why it takes so long to set up a stream. EPSN3 may be a a bit easier, since it isn't behind the same paywall as ESPN+. But, for sure it could be done. The guide is readily available to be scraped and the browser/screencapture technique would work just as well.

1 Like

should be able to make a scrubber like the ESPN+ one in topic

1 Like

I'll play around.

update seems to have fixed all my problems, fantastic

I used that software and it isn't working for me in firefox.

1 Like

It only works for ESPN3 feeds in my experience, not the main ESPN/ESPN2 feeds.

1 Like

Not quite right... I'm using a Chrome session to load up the stream and get the stream data that I can pass into Streamlink that creates a stream based on that data (so that you can have 2 people watching the same game, but only using 1 simultaneous stream for instance)

This seems to be the defacto support thread for this project, and to be honest the reason I made it in the first place was to watch NHL games, but I ended up being in a blackout so I didn't end up using it hardly at all. I'll try and spend some more time on it to make things more reliable

1 Like

Really appreciated, m0ngr31! This containers adds awesome functionality to Channels!

Any sense if this will work on Apple Silicon?

I need to figure out how to get Widevine working on an ARM docker container (M1 & Raspberry Pi)

1 Like

Ideally, if someone could help me figure out the APIs the browser is using so I can just call those instead of actually loading up a browser with the stream in it, it'd be much faster and more reliable. But I haven't been able to crack how it's handling the DRM yet

Any update on this? Has anyone seen if SEC+ works as well this method?

I've been trying to figure out a more reliable and robust setup for streaming the channels.

I have some things running locally that are really promising... If I can figure one more thing out, it would enable running on other architectures (RPi, M1 Mac, ect), remove the dependency of running Chrome in the background (way smaller docker size and much faster channel start times).

I'm hoping to have an update in the next week or so... Hopefully?!

13 Likes

Sounds awesome!

This all sounds great. I have a Netgear ReadyNAS 4 Pro of which i tried extensively last NHL season to get this working but gave up trying. Is there a device such as the popular Synology NAS that you would recommend for maximum dependability? What do you use? I'm ready to upgrade my NAS and would love recommendations, this is one of the primary reasons!

I used to have one of those :slightly_smiling_face:

Right now I'm just using a big tower that I'm able to throw in a bunch of hard drives for Jellyfin. It's a Ryzen 7 3700X with 64GB of RAM running Unraid.

It's decently beefy because I'm running a lot of docker containers and I have a virtual machine on for video games.

Hopefully the new update should be much gentler on your Netgear box though, so don't run out and upgrade until you try the new version. Hoping to get it working before the NHL season starts!

1 Like