ESPN Lip Sync Issue

I notice at some point over the past few months (not sure exactly when), the lip sync on the ESPN's seem to be slightly out of sync, audio seems delayed a bit. Is anyone else seeing this? I am seeing it on all devices, so its nothing related to a device. All other channels including all other TVE channels have perfect sync, just seems to be the ESPN family. I am running the latest Channels beta release on Ubuntu 24.04.

When I stream on a browser directly on Watch ESPN - Stream Live Sports & ESPN Originals, the sync is also perfect.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is a longstanding issue with ESPN's broadcast. Most people don't notice it because you rarely see a commentator's mouth during a game, but it also really bothers me if I happen to watch their news shows.

This affects people watching with cable, ESPN's own app, etc. so this is only fixable by adjusting audio sync on your own devices. I know you said it's fine on their website, but that hasn't been my experience.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.