ESPN Recordings Fail After 13 Minutes

Please click and hold on the Check for Updates button.

Then after the upgrade make a new recording from ESPN, and afterwards click View Details for that recording on the web UI and post a screenshot of what it shows

OK. Where do you get the “View Details”?

On the web UI, go to Recordings click into the show and then click the gear icon under the episode

Seems to be recording correctly. When I click on the gear, the only 2 options I see are Mark as Watched or Delete.

Click the More icon on the left and find it in the detailed list of recorded episodes

Spoke too soon. Only recorded 8 minutes of 30 min.

Thoughts?

Can you submit diagnostics again so we can see what happened with that new recording?

Also in that same menu with View Details, there is a View Recording Log. Can you file>save and email that to [email protected]

Done

Was any of the info provided useful?

The recording logs shows it continued receiving data for the full hour, so its weird the file is truncated. Do you have plenty of space on your C: drive?

Could you press-and-hold on the Check For Updates button in the Settings page of your DVR and then submit another Diagnostic Log? We have a bit more info in the latest pre-release that could be helpful.

Logs have been submitted as *ec470a43-5e01-4f03-b3b5-01ab1e422590

Plenty of space and other channels record completely.

I'm seeing that it was taking over 2 minutes to download each 3MB segment from the ESPN servers. That suggests there's an issue with your ISP, network or server. Are you running a VPN on custom DNS server?

Could you run:

tracert x-live-espn-stgec.uplynk.com

and paste the results here?

1 Like

What sort of internet connection (and what speed) do you have? 30ms to get to hop #2 is surprising, as is the fact that it is a different RFC1918 netblock. Are you running a VPN?

AT&T MiFi 30Mbps

In that case, my best guess is that you're running into reception issues from time to time on your MiFi. Unfortunately there's not going to be a lot that we can do here if it's taking over 2 minutes to download a 4 second segment of video.

Eventually it's going to get so far behind that the playlist we are reading from will no longer contain all of the segments we need to download to create a complete stream.

Is there’s a way to get SD feeds rather than HD feeds? I did notice that file size of a 1 hr ESPN recording is almost twice the size of a TBS recording, as an example.