Exclude a time period

There are TV shows here in the UK that overlay a person providing sign language in the early hours of the day. I am trying to record some older episodes of a show and sometimes re-runs are broadcast after 1:00am and include this overlay.

I have tried looking for a tag to distinguish the versions with a sign language interpreter from others, but could not find anything. Is there something available that is not being displayed in the guide? Is there a list of all possible tags somewhere (used here in the UK)?

I then thought that I could exclude shows that have a broadcast time of less than 10:00am etc.. but the option for time in the advanced conditions for a series pass only seems to allow the "CONTAINS" operator.

Is there a way to achieve what I am trying to do with the Channels DVR system?

Thanks in advance
Matt

There's no easy way to do what you're looking for right now. We plan to add an EXCLUDES option which you would be able to use in the future

Do they show tags like SL or SN ?

Programmes interpreted in BSL

A number of programmes are interpreted in BSL are shown on our platform, and have [ SL ] in the programme information. You can search for programmes with sign language in the what's on TV section of this website. It's a full TV listing for the next seven days, and you can also use the remote record feature.]

Finding programmes with sign language

You can search for programmes with sign language in the what's on TV section of this website. It's a full TV listing for the next seven days, and you can also use the remote record feature.

https://accessibility.sky.com/support-sky-q/tv-sky-q/about-bsl-sky-q/

Not sure what provider is used for EPG data in the UK for Channels DVR or HD HomeRun users, but here in the USA and I think Canada it's Gracenote.

I started a thread that contains TAGS, CATEGORIES, GENRES I've seen or have been mentioned in threads here

Feel free to add to it if the UK is different.

Usually for the hearing/sight-impaired in the USA we have AD-Audio Description and CC-Closed Captions.
DVD/B-Ray have SUBS.

I think for the UK that SL and SN refer to Sign Language and Signed.

No, unfortunately they do not have SL/SN tags. I have seen some programmes with this in the description but it seems to be inconsistent and not provided when the late-night "overlay" is used.

1 Like

ok thanks @tmm1 - if I delete the file manually on the disk (based on the time) will Channels DVR sync and remove it from its own db?

Not automatically but you could run this command: Deleted Program not removed from user interface

Was thinking you could get close to what you wanted by adding Time CONTAINS pm to the Series Pass, but that doesn't work. Can only do 1pm, 2pm, 3pm...

@tmm1 how hard would it be to modify the condition Time CONTAINS to also allow 'am' or 'pm' ?

Never mind. It does work, You have to use all caps AM or PM, not lowercase am or pm.

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Using condition Time in Passes

I think they do have SL tag, looking at the Freeview app, this show has “SL” in its description. I just picked something shown late at night that would normally be a prime time type show.

I guess the question is whether the guide data provider that Channels uses includes the SL tags?