Exit PIP?

I love the PIP! However, how do you exit PIP? I have an All 4 One remote and of course the ATV remote, but couldn’t figure it out on either. I closed out the app, which did it.

Thanks guys for the great work you do!

PIP is tricky on Apple TV as it requires the TV button to focus the PIP window in order to control it.

IR remotes don’t support the TV button so it doesn’t really work.

Thanks!

What is the TV button? Can I add it to my Firestick 4K using a Harmony hub?

This was in reference to the PIP feature of Apple TV.

I will take that as a no?

1 Like

It’s not applicable to a Firestick, as far as I know. Only exists on Apple TV.

Not having the ability to exit PIP on AppleTV pretty much makes PIP useless. Best to just turn it off.

Works well on iOS tho

you control the pip position and switch back to full screen with the tv button.

would be even cooler though if it automatically switched to pip in guide view and then came back to full screen when a new channel was selected... wouldn't even have to hit the tv button.

8 Likes

It works well with the sofabaton. Be awesome to hit the guide button and it pops the video feed into a box and lets me scroll the guide and pick a show and have the box disappear and go full screen.

Oh cool. I missed that

1 Like

It is next to the Menu button on the Siri remote.

This 10000%

Agree!

Ok. What do you with a Harmony? They have a Menu and home, no Tv button for the Apple tv.

1 Like

I would guess you could program the Harmony for the TV button. I haven't programmed my Harmony for awhile but I know you can teach some of them IR codes.

Thanks, The tv button for the Apple tv isn't in the Harmony settings.

1 Like

It is if you pair via bluetooth.

Really? I thought it would be too but I don’t see it. Here is the list of commands I have:

Maybe there are different versions of the device?