Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

I am not seeing channel 6000 on my Apple TV 4K or Fire Stick 4K. Shows up in web guide fine and plays.

If you have a local NBC received OTA or via Cable that is on a higher priority device than your TVE "tuner", you will not get a channel 6000, but it will instead show the guide info with your local NBC. If when you attempt to tune NBC and all of your OTA tuners are in use, then it will fall back to use your TVE stream of NBC.

Sorry for being dense..but how do I get the latest build with this new cool
experimental feature? I tried updating my build in the webui but it seems
stuck on a sept build..is it a press & hold secret somewhere to get
the experimental builds?

Yup..sure enough..press & hold update button..hit the erase key here..

NBC streaming like a champ on my rig; was not able to
get NBC & Fox OTA...Edge/fringe issues..this is great..thanx a bunch
Channels Devs

CBS: Not supported. Local CBS stations are not available through just TV Everywhere login, because CBS wants you to use CBS All Access.

@tmm1, CBS does stream through TVE, it works for me via my optimum login: https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/

can you add it? thanks!

So can I set it to automatically record both?

This is working great for me. I can also view CBS Live from the link below per @AeroR1

I noticed support for Hulu, Youtube TV and PS Vue. Besides all of the other CABLE Logins.

My problem is that after I do the Login with Hulu it ask me to sign up for a FREE CBS Account and I already have CBS All Access so did not want to create another account. But using my CBS All Account Login it works fine

Can't get (v2019.10.11.0022) mine is 2019.10.11.0124 and says up to date

.0124 is NEWER then .0022.

1 Like

I know, but broadcast isn’t showing up.
Edit. Never mind I didn’t read.

Did you also have to sign up for a CBS account?

This is what happens to me with Cox. So the TVE login isn't enough and you need to create another cbs account which makes things very complicated.

yes i did, a free account.

i see that throws a wrench in things. damn.

Would it make sense or a difference in the complication if your CBS Account Login was "exactly" the same as your Cox (or other like Hulu) Login? This is what I am doing.

Interesting idea, but the cbs login uses an email and many cable provider have username instead of email for login.

My logins are all user: email address. I think some I can use either a userid or an email address but not sure which ones those are. And I believe one of the streaming you can use your phone number which I do not subscribe any longer.

I am talking about Hulu type login. But I think in the past with Frontier FiOS I use email as well but that has been a while.

1 Like

CBS.... While playing around with I got this a couple times. After I said "try again" it worked.

You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous video streams for your account.
To view this video, close the other videos you're watching and try again.

Also, it appears once I login I can close the browser and then when I open and use the URL I no longer need to login. I remember early on with some of the TVE Sources I had to login manually? Meaning when I added the source I had to change windows to login. Maybe that was a special case in the very early setup for TVE. Anyway, I wonder if you did this the same way on the initial login it would no long need to happen?

I’m getting Fox on the Fire tv, but not my Apple TV. It is favored in settings

Running pre-release version 2019.10.11.2133
6002 FOX is a no show, but can get 6000 NBC, no problem.

6002 FOX doesn't show in my TVE channel editor list even though I'm able to authenticate and view via browser at fox.com/live.

How do I make it appear in my TVE device channel listing?

Does it play live tv on that site? What is the callsign for your local station?