Experimental: Stream Links from the Guide via Custom Channels

Working for me on my ipad.

As others have mentioned getting response code 503 on apple TV.

NBC APP is installed on apple tv and live streams verified working.

Edit: working in TVOS for me

3 Likes

this is a great feature and i know its in its infancy but this should be fully developed in the GUI to be marketed as a differentiator between other similar software just like streamlinks are. just my two cents.

Without being able to get ahold of the tvOS ipa file it's all just a guess. You can get the iOS ipa by using Apple Configurator and examine the contents. That's how I found that it supported the url schemes youtubetv and vnd.youtube.tv which both work on iOS. It's possible that the tvOS version is a separate app or just doesn't support the same (or maybe any) url schemes. Given that it doesn't integrate with the TV app it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother to support them on tvOS.

1 Like

Similarly I would love to see a small visual notation on these channels in the guide, because after the first launch, I’m not seeing an alert confirmation anymore, selecting a live show just immediately launches the NBC app. It’s a bit jarring if you’re not expecting it as you’re jumping around from live show to live show. So it would great to see a visual indicator separating these types of channels from ones that play directly and normally within Channels DVR.

2 Likes

Coming up in the next TestFlight build.

3 Likes

The latest TestFlight beta now denotes Stream Link channels.

Apple TV

iOS

Stream Links in your Library

Additionally, Stream Link movies and episodes are denoted as well:

4 Likes

Can't get it to work on my end. I copied and pasted the text, any help?

You need the beta apk or TestFlight ipa, as the feature was only added yesterday.

1 Like

Success!

After updating the Beta app on my server, my iPhone, and my FireTV, I am now able to go directly from Channels to the NBC Streaming App. It's a little clunky on their end with the buffering, but this is about as seamless as I could expect.

Sadly, it doesn't enable live recording or any other DVR functions (like pause and rewind), which seem almost out-of-reach for these channels at the moment.

Thanks!

1 Like

Well I got hulu to open up. I don't know if there is a better way than what I did below. I went to the website and got the address from it and put this in. You still have to click on the profile when it first launches. Let me know if this is just the wrong way to do this.

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="usa" tvc-guide-stationid="74030",USA
hulu://watch/bf7bcadb-e558-48db-81f4-255210dc5479

Update. This seems to play just the single episode. Once it switches it then points me to on demand with same episode I think. So no go on this.

3 Likes

Ive got things working. I especially like the new icon change in the guide. Great idea.

My RSN appears to work in the NBC app.
Will those also work with streamlinks?

If so , Is it possible for someone to give me the EXIF syntax for NBC sports boston? Anyone figure that one out?

I dont know the spellings for that particular channel.

That channel is working for me in the nbc app, so Im hoping to put it back in channels with the streamlink.

Thanks

1 Like

In the iOS NBC app can you watch it, then click the share icon and share the link here?

While watching I used the share sheet and messaged the link to myself. This is what i got..

Check out @nbc Live

However, this only opens the app and doesnt jump to the channel I was watching.

Edit: interesting find. I turned of blocking on my pihole, and the link that was generated worked once.

Heres what i got after regenerating the link:

Check out @nbc Live

Edit: only worked once lol

Thanks for the notes, I'm learning a lot! Just curious, but how did you get the "GIBoX-XF5i0" for CNBC on YouTube TV? I'd love to experiment with other channels and apps to see how this all works, even with the caveats you've laid out.

2 Likes

rsn-boston

Not sure if that would work.

Like nbctve://live/rsn-boston

Tried this but didnt show up in manage lineup correctly

I don't know about logo or guide data. But did it at least launch the channel.

1 Like
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="nbcsn-boston" tvc-guide-stationid="49198",NBCSN BOSTON
nbctve://live/rsn-boston
2 Likes

Just start playing the live channel on the YTTV site and what I assume is their channel id shows up in the URL. Like https://tv.youtube.com/watch/GIBoX-XF5i0

2 Likes

If you would like your new Stream Link powered channels to slot in where they were as TV Everywhere channels, you can use this template. This will preserve the channel numbers and IDs, so that they'll show back up in the Channel Collections you had them in before:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="nbc" tvg-chno="6000" tvc-guide-stationid="10991",NBC
nbctve://live/nbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="bravo" tvg-chno="6058" tvc-guide-stationid="58625",BRAVOHD
nbctve://live/bravo

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="msnbc" tvg-chno="6050" tvc-guide-stationid="64241",MNBCHD
nbctve://live/msnbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="cnbc" tvg-chno="6051" tvc-guide-stationid="58780",CNBC
nbctve://live/cnbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="syfy" tvg-chno="6054" tvc-guide-stationid="58623",SYFYHD
nbctve://live/syfy

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="usa" tvg-chno="6052" tvc-guide-stationid="58452",USAHD
nbctve://live/usa

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="e" tvg-chno="6056" tvc-guide-stationid="61812",E
nbctve://live/e

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="oxygen" tvg-chno="6060" tvc-guide-stationid="70522",Oxygen
nbctve://live/oxygen

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="golf" tvg-chno="6159" tvc-guide-stationid="61854",GOLF
nbctve://live/golf

5 Likes