Experimental: Stream Links from the Guide via Custom Channels

Ive got things working. I especially like the new icon change in the guide. Great idea.

My RSN appears to work in the NBC app.
Will those also work with streamlinks?

If so , Is it possible for someone to give me the EXIF syntax for NBC sports boston? Anyone figure that one out?

I dont know the spellings for that particular channel.

That channel is working for me in the nbc app, so Im hoping to put it back in channels with the streamlink.

Thanks

1 Like

In the iOS NBC app can you watch it, then click the share icon and share the link here?

While watching I used the share sheet and messaged the link to myself. This is what i got..

Check out @nbc Live

However, this only opens the app and doesnt jump to the channel I was watching.

Edit: interesting find. I turned of blocking on my pihole, and the link that was generated worked once.

Heres what i got after regenerating the link:

Check out @nbc Live

Edit: only worked once lol

Thanks for the notes, I'm learning a lot! Just curious, but how did you get the "GIBoX-XF5i0" for CNBC on YouTube TV? I'd love to experiment with other channels and apps to see how this all works, even with the caveats you've laid out.

2 Likes

rsn-boston

Not sure if that would work.

Like nbctve://live/rsn-boston

Tried this but didnt show up in manage lineup correctly

I don't know about logo or guide data. But did it at least launch the channel.

1 Like
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="nbcsn-boston" tvc-guide-stationid="49198",NBCSN BOSTON
nbctve://live/rsn-boston
2 Likes

Just start playing the live channel on the YTTV site and what I assume is their channel id shows up in the URL. Like https://tv.youtube.com/watch/GIBoX-XF5i0

2 Likes

If you would like your new Stream Link powered channels to slot in where they were as TV Everywhere channels, you can use this template. This will preserve the channel numbers and IDs, so that they'll show back up in the Channel Collections you had them in before:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="nbc" tvg-chno="6000" tvc-guide-stationid="10991",NBC
nbctve://live/nbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="bravo" tvg-chno="6058" tvc-guide-stationid="58625",BRAVOHD
nbctve://live/bravo

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="msnbc" tvg-chno="6050" tvc-guide-stationid="64241",MNBCHD
nbctve://live/msnbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="cnbc" tvg-chno="6051" tvc-guide-stationid="58780",CNBC
nbctve://live/cnbc

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="syfy" tvg-chno="6054" tvc-guide-stationid="58623",SYFYHD
nbctve://live/syfy

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="usa" tvg-chno="6052" tvc-guide-stationid="58452",USAHD
nbctve://live/usa

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="e" tvg-chno="6056" tvc-guide-stationid="61812",E
nbctve://live/e

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="oxygen" tvg-chno="6060" tvc-guide-stationid="70522",Oxygen
nbctve://live/oxygen

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="golf" tvg-chno="6159" tvc-guide-stationid="61854",GOLF
nbctve://live/golf

5 Likes

Well thats nice.. thank you!

Working on ipad and apple tv.

I have noticed some wonky behavior on the NBC app, where I need to close it in the app switcher before the station loads ..

It may not be just this channel - Ill test more

1 Like

Here is a list of apps which should support deep links to live streams:

3 Likes

For others.
Ive noticed that I can avoid the wonkiness when opening the NBC app from the channels streamlink - and needing to use the app switcher to close the app before getting your station to load

Before you exit the NBC app while watching any live channel, go to the home page first before exiting the NBC app.

Next time you load the station from within channels , the streamlink it will load properly.

1 Like

You could contact NBC support here and let them know: https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001366074

2 Likes

This may work for NFL:

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="nfl" channel-number="6192" tvc-guide-stationid="45399",NFL
nflnetwork://watch/nfl-network-live
3 Likes

FYI, on both my Shield and Android phone, I get the 503 error code that others have received. Is this new feature only for Apple devices at this time? Thanks.

It requires the beta update on your android device.

3 Likes

Interesting, so perhaps we could mix and match? Like choosing a live show on MSNBC would launch the MSNBC app, choosing a live show on CNBC would launch the CNBC app, and choosing any of the other NBCU Stream Links would launch the NBC app?

2 Likes

The tvc-guide-stationid for MSNBC is non-HD unlike all the others, so I changed it to 64241. Otherwise, perfect. Thank you!

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="msnbc" tvg-chno="6050" tvc-guide-stationid="64241",MNBCHD
nbctve://live/msnbc
1 Like

Sure, you pick the links you want to use. the nbctve:// links launch the NBC app.

1 Like