MSNBCIN 67636 MSNBCIN
MSNBCANZ 112916 AUSTRALIA
MSNBC HD 64241 MSNBC HD
MSNBCA 24394 Olympics Alternate
MSNBCCI 99663 Canada, Caribbean and International
MNBCHDA 66301 MSNBC HD - Olympics
MSNBCHD 108897 Canada, Caribbean and International HD

1 Like

Do you mean trying to watch it directly in the Channels app? NBC added DRM to all their stations, so you have to jump out to either YouTube TV or to the NBC app. That's what these Stream Links are for. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

No i meant in the NBC app.

1 Like

It was hit or miss. I found the NBC apps to be so flakey I switched over to YouTube TV links, even though they don’t work on the Apple TV.

That is correct. You see 64241 and 16300. Both should work. No client has to be on for this to work. It is a simple look.

Try these on FireTV for CNBC and MSNBC apps:

amzn://com.nbcuni.cnbc.tve
nbcnews://brand/msnbc

You can test deep link urls via ADB: Testing Deep-Link URLs using ADB - Varun Barad

1 Like

This works for YTTV when you copy the link from your web browser.

adb -s 192.168.1.171 shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d https://tv.youtube.com/watch/updG5RVnwk8?onboard=1

Another way to do it seems to be to take only a portion of the link (starting from the "watch to 1"" and do something like this:

adb -s 192.168.1.171 shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d watch/IaM8-mj2NaY?onboard=1 -n com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged/com.google.android.apps.youtube.tvunplugged.activity.MainActivity

It will launch YTTV and change the channel with each link. I think I read somewhere that the link for each channel changes sometimes. Would there be a way to keep of with those changes?

1 Like

I'll second this... after about 2-3 minutes the quality sorts itself out but for the first 2-3 minutes of using any NBC app stream the quality is at best kind of watchable and at worst a total mess... I'm on gigabit fiber and wired connections... I notice the same thing when I manually open the app and when I manually use peacock too although it only lasts about a minute at most in those situations.

Thankfully I haven't run into this issue, and my internet maxes out at 45 Mbps.

2 Likes

Can someone provide the link to the Showtime (standalone) app?

Thanks!

This opened the Showtime app (not Showtime Anytime) on iOS for me.

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="showtime" tvg-chno="6312" tvc-guide-stationid="",Showtime
showtime://

You da man! Thanks!

I keep getting the "http response code 503" on my Apple TV as well. I updated to the latest Pre-Release on my DVR. Am I missing something? Thanks

1 Like

Did you also update to the latest TestFlight / beta of the app?

FWIW I get that error when I channel surf, using the up and down buttons on the remote to go down and up through live channels. I don’t get that when I click the current show in the guide or On Now though. When I do that, the app I chose for that channel, launches.

I thought that was by design. We obviously don’t want Channels to automatically launch an external app when we’re channel surfing. I could see the error being unnerving to people who don’t understand what’s going on and what’s different about these particular channels though. Maybe that error screen can be replaced with a generic placeholder that explains? I think seeing that channel’s logo would make more sense.

1 Like

I'm sorry, I don't know how to update to the TestFlight / beta? I thought updating to the newest Pre-release was the Beta.

Edit: I found in the Forum where to download the TestFlight / Beta. Thanks!

1 Like

I have been meaning to group the links separately from normal channels or put them all in one collection.

I’ve been toying with that idea too but we already have a lot of Channel Collections and they’re typically categorized by genre (i.e. whatever we’re in the mood for at the time.) Categorizing too by "which ones have DRM and therefore launch a separate app" doesn’t seem as useful or intuitive of a grouping to me. Glad it’s so customizable for everyone’s preferences though!

1 Like

Was the Golf Channel Removed from the NBC App?

I see it.

Does anybody have the configuration for ABC? I tried using the url https://abc.com/watch-live/fx-east and though it works, it opens the app to a seemingly random station. Thanks :grinning:.