Experimental: TV/Movie deep-links via imported .strmlnk files

re Amazon, the second format doesnt work for me - could it be because that movie isnt on prime in my region but I do own it on Amazon Instant Video (although I can access by the Prime app).

The first amazon format works (the content is available on prime in my region), where did you get that format from?

Amazing!

Has anyone tried this for Plex? I'd love to be in channels and then go to my plex library from one app.

Maybe one of these will work:

1 Like

I updated the repo to support TV and Movies per region: US and GB.

So what do I do? Copy the link and put it where?

just drop it into a directory you're importing movies with in Channels

We suggest creating a whole new directory for links though. So make a dir called Links and put a movie link in Links/Movies/movie.strmlnk. Then set that movies directory as a Movie import and Channels will import it just like it would local content. Except the apps will kick you to the streaming app when you choose to play it.

Do the APIs of reelgood/justwatch/guidebox etc do not allow us to synchronise the content at the account level based on the services we select with them

Five years ago I built the tool to tracking discounts on iTunes,the webpage is rather simplehttps://itunesmoviesdeals.com/
Maybe it would be nice one day to present info if some upcoming movies are currently on sale.

1 Like

Anyway to get the iTunes Purchased links in this repository easily?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Looking into this.

Apple TV Plus content was just added.

There's no good way to pull movies and shows from iTunes because there's no good way to get lists of them.

Your best bet is to just search and find things yourself, or at least use your own list of movies and shows to pull.

Sounds good. Thanks for trying.

You could try this

CBS All Access and Peacock was added. Peacock was split into free content and paid content.

2 Likes

Anybody have ideas for syncing content to keep these libraries updated more dynamically and less static? Esp important for on-going shows.

Thanks!

What about cloning the git repo? Then refreshing periodically via script?

The git repo is not updated dynamically tho (At least... I don't think it is). It's my understanding @maddox added those manually. It would depend on him updating that repo every day.

@maddox might be able to get a script to update git repo on the regular and then users could refresh from there.

1 Like

Hello everyone...I apologize for super stupid question...I've created the STRMLINK file, but I'm checking Channels behavior, as I'm sure I've missed something. The entries show up in Channels, under Recordings as Unmatched. When I click on an entry, it launches an application (Peacock), but not the episode specified in the file, if that's supposed to be the intended action. I created a file named 9x1.strmlnk - from the [channels-strmlnks] on github for a Peacock episode of American Greed. Any idea of what I might have missed ??.

Thank you in advance for any guidance....