ExpressVPN and Remote Access Tips

I'm an ExpressVPN user and while I know some people have resolved issues previously by using their split tunneling feature, if you need the VPN to access the TV Everywhere channels you want, this doesn't really work.

I did discover in the last day that while you can't remote in with the client app while you are away from home if the VPN is running, you can access the Web UI using DDNS service. Express has this baked into their router software and it is really easy to turn on. They have a guide for setting it up at this link https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/router-app-set-up-ddns/. I haven't tried viewing from the web client. I know you can when you are on your home network so presumably I could watch a recording or live TV this way, but it does give you access to the whole Web Client, so you can add recordings or passes, update your software, etc. It's a great middle ground for people who want to access their device for maintenance while away, but don't care about watching their videos while away from home.

1 Like