Factor in commercials when deciding if a show is "Watched" or not

I will frequently watch a recorded show, stopping when the credits start to roll, but then notice that Channels hasn't automatically marked the show as "Watched" so it remains in "Up Next" until I manually mark it as watched.

Most of the time it has detected that the rest of the recording is just commercials, so it would be good if the algorithm for automatically marking a show as watched could more intelligently use this data.

Here is an example:

Some shows have the last content in that end skip. A perfect example is The Goldberg's and Schooled ok ABC. They always have an end 30 second slot at the end of the show that falls in that end skip.

The determination of whether a show is "Watched" is based upon how much remains as a percentage of the total duration. I believe the current threshold is 3-5% remaining, but it presently isn't configurable.

As long as the final commercial break does not have any program segments after it, I agree it would be nice to have that added into the determination. (I may be mistaken, but I believe it is taken into account if you have edited/saved the commercials. While that is an extra step—and may introduce spoilers—I think it's a fair compromise.)

If you stop inside the last commercial it's marked as watched. Since you were still a few seconds before the commercial marker, it didn't kick in. We can probably make the fuzzy threshold higher for this case.

Somehow I've made it a habit of holding down the 3 o-clock button on my remote control's directional pad to scan to the end of the recording to make sure it gets marked as watched.

This would be great! I will rarely watch into the last commercial break as I'll usually stop watching when the credits start to roll.