Failed recording: file exists error

This show has failed to record for 2 days running

Any ideas?

That show starting recording ok after a re-install but now I'm getting the same on a different show on same channel. Any thoughts @tmm1 ?

Is the drive still attached? Can you play back other recordings? I'd check free space as well. Sounds like some kind of file system corruption.

Plenty of free space. I did have a few recordings a few weeks ago that wouldn't play but recently it's been ok recently, apart from this show. Wondering if HDD is on way out but it's only a few months old. The found folders set alarm bells going but don't understand what they are about!

I was thinking of getting a SSD anyway so may just expedite that swap. I'm assuming it can only help performance?

Anything else worth trying to resolve?

Must be messed up permissions or something on that directory then. Try renaming it to something else, and then moving any recordings back over if you want to keep them.

1 Like

Thanks. Will the DVR app automatically create a new folder with same name as old or do I need to copy backup, database etc &/or do a restore etc

It will create a new folder for the next recording.

1 Like

found.xxx folders are definitely an indication of file system corruption. If the drive is still under warranty you may want to consider replacing it.

You can also possibly find diagnostic software from the drive manufacturer to check and see if it finds any issue.

2 Likes