Failed To Record Program

Have a pass set up for a news show that’s usually on at 10 p.m. Finished what we were watching on Netflix, looked. No recording. Eh? Looked at what’s on now. That news show. Looks like it’s running very late for some reason. Maybe a half hour?

Question is: Why did it not record it?

Check the Log and see what it says when the recording was supposed to happen

Nothin’. Nothin’ at all. Last log entry was at 19:26:13, part of a series of old recording pruning. Looks like it has no plans to record it this coming evening, either. I wonder if there’s a slight alteration in the program title on the weekends? That would explain it. I’ll look more closely tomorrow.

Is it a custom pass? Regular passes are created using series ids so the title doesn’t matter.

Nope, not custom, but, as I began to suspect: Despite being titled identically, except for the on-air talent names, the weekend editions are regarded as a separate series’. I added a pass for tonight’s, and next Saturday now shows up, too.

I apologize for the false alarm.

That’s surprising. Is it a local show?

Yup: 7 Action News at 10 on 20 Detroit. There are now two passes: One with five recordings scheduled and one with 15 scheduled.