"Failing Recording ... "?

Does anyone know what this means and how it can be fixed so we don't miss this game? Logs submitted.

Just what it says, that the next packet couldn't be retrieved. Since it was claiming the buffer actually held it, and the buffer is on your drive, it most likely means your recording drive is failing.

Wow. I've been purchasing SSD's since [EDIT 2009 Vertex 30GB], and never had one fail. This one is a 2TB Sammy. Are we sure this a problem with the drive?

I saw some youtubes about Samsung Drives failing what model is yours ? I think it is the EVO ones.

I believe is an 870 QVO 2tb, can you link me to the youtubes?

No. But you asked the community for their input. There could be some other reason, such as exhausted computing resources or saturated network connections, but a drive failure is the most likely.

(I know many here swear by their SSDs, but for recording video of any sort, I'll stick to spinning platters. They seem to have more longevity for this type of situation.)

Thanks guys. I will check the drive. It's a QVO and as I recall that was an economy drive at the time, and of course we thrash these things with larger files/deletes.

I post here because when I've found over the past few years that I can get a quicker response here in forums (even from the developers) than when I simply email support.

I know the EVO had problems not sure about the QV0

Samsung SSD Evo 870 failed after 6months : synology (reddit.com)

Error message indicates the video stream was formatted in a way that our software didn't understand. You can email that recording's debug log to support to help us debug.

1 Like

Okay thanks for looking at that. I already submitted logs from the troubleshooting area, how would I go about doing what you ask, exactly?

What can I do to help solve the problems?

Right click file save on the debug log link and email to support

@tmm1 I'm getting the same error on some of the recordings from my pass for the World Baseball Classic. I do have the experimental rewrite for TVE enabled. What is different about these recordings is that I added 90 minutes to the tail end of each one in case they go into extra innings. These are the only TVE recordings I have ever had an issue with. They seem to play just fine, they just give me the red "!" in the UI. I had 3 total recordings with the error. I emailed support with the debug zipped file and also submitted diagnostics d7b77cfd-800e-4cc7-bd2d-23c7c4b5787f.

2023/03/09 09:25:59.637424 [SNR] Buffer statistics for "TV/2023 World Baseball Classic/2023 World Baseball Classic China vs Japan 2023-03-09-0459.mpg": buf=0% drop=0%
2023/03/09 09:25:59.639006 [TNR] Closed connection to TVE-Cox for ch6197 FS1
2023/03/09 09:25:59.639016 [DVR] Error running job 1678355990-124 2023 World Baseball Classic: astits: fetching next packet failed: astits: fetching next packet from buffer failed: astits: building packet failed: astits: parsing packet adaptation field failed: astits: fetching next bytes failed: astikit: slice length is 188, offset 189 is invalid
2023/03/09 09:26:00.646083 [DVR] Starting job 1678355990-124 2023 World Baseball Classic on ch=[6197]
1 Like

Thanks for the debug log. Fix in next prerelease.

1 Like

Thank you, Aman, slampman.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.