Fake "record" DRM channels

It would be nice if the DVR could create a file with just metadata about a show on a DRM channel. My main reason behind this is I generally forget when a show is on after a long break, and then remember when I see it in ‘Up Next’ on the DVR.

Example: I could create a Season Pass for Game of Thrones, and when it comes on the DVR just creates a blank file, or a file with some metadata in it or something so I remember to go to my HBO Go app and watch the show.

I use WatchAid for this. And in reverse shows that a recorded show is available to watch on the DVR. I have more shows on Hulu/CBS/Netflix/HBO/Shiwtine then on my DVR so this universal watchlist works for me.

It’d be nice to have it all in Channels. I’ve tried a few apps like WatchAid and ultimately I just dislike them all. It’s too much work keeping them updated with everything I watch.

Channels isn’t going to create blank files and upnext entries for shows that it doesn’t record. That would be a user experience nightmare.

I’d love to see this placeholder also, but knew I’d get the same feedback as above :smiling_imp:

Sure would be great to have a daily viewing/recording schedule all in one app. The same idea would apply nicely with a placeholder for any anticipated “live” viewing. Much easier for tuner planning.

Channels could show an entry for the next episode of a show that it is recording and has a pass. PS Vue does this and it helps remind you when the show will air next.