Fast forward through guide

When using tvOS app with the DVR, we get a whole week of lovely guide data to scroll through, which takes a lot of doing on the apple remote if you’re trying to scroll to something at the end of the week!

Could we have a feature similar to the ‘fast forward’ feature Windows MCE used to have whereby you hold down the forward or back button (click and hold right or left side of the remote trackpad in this case) and it shows the guide ‘whizzing by’ while super-imposing something showing the current day, ticking through the days of the week ahead slowly enough so that you can simply let go when you see the day you want and it will then ‘land’ the guide view on that day.

If I recall correctly, in MCE it didn’t actually even bother showing the guide data underneath, it just ‘blurred’ it. I also think I remember that it had a nice ‘acceleration’ feature whereby when you first started holding down the button, it scrolled slowly, then if you kept holding it, sped up, then if you kept holding it went to the blurred view and just let you select a day as described above. Something like that would be awesome.

Thanks!

1 Like