hey just pushed 5.0.3 .. pls give this one a shot with your creds. I switched to all HTTP requests and none of that browser non-sense. I'm 95% confident it'll work this time 
So far so good on 5.03. on my setup. I added Discovery and AMC TVE channels with ease.
a question did come up for us novices....
How secure are the credentials? Where are they stored, are they encrypted, etc.
edit: Is there a provision to log out of the providers from fastchannels? There's a sign in, is there a sign out?
I added PBS channels to my setup and have checked the FastChannels scraped guide data programming for the non-DRM channels which were available. In comparing programming from FastChannels to the Gracenote guide data from pbs_gracenote_map.csvm I noticed that a couple of the "World" channels identified as Gracenote 56725 do not always have programming consistent with the other 56725 channels.
Scraped guides for PBS_KUON_ga_local_subchannel_1 and PBS_WRLK_ga_local_subchannel_1, are mostly consistent with Gracenote 56725, but occasionally have shows which don't seem to match the lineup of the other "World" channels. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an exact match for either of them.
UPDATE: I noticing that some/several of the recordings I have made based upon the FastChannels scraped guide data for PBS haven't matched the programming.
I'm now wondering...are the Gracenote ID's in the pbs_gracenote_map.csv file accurate? Is the FastChannels scraped guide data closer to correct? Or, is there no good way to get accurate guide data for PBS?
I haven't added any new fastchannels enabled TVE channels via a feed into channels DVR to test there yet. But I was able to watch these in the fastchannels guide windows,
Very cool stuff.
Do your updates via Portainer. Click the container. On the top bar right next to remove is "Recreate" Select it. When the are you shore popup appears. Turn on "Re-pull image" Then select the red "Recreate" It will download and install.
Every once in a while you will want to clean up orphaned images.
I upgraded to 5.0.3 from 5.0.2 and now I only have "6 Gracenote-mapped routed to Gracenote EPG" as opposed to several hundred.
Is there a way to re-run the gracenote mapping?
I installed fresh yesterday. I upgraded via Dockhand's updater.
Also, it is possible to view games from Bally Sports Live under the MilB zone? Currently, only a few main channels are displayed.
Bally Sports live milb games will be a challenge.
the system will have to update daily. I know eplutv already does the task but the channel numbers change with each game becuase there are so many games.
Thankuflly the games don't have DRM so Prismcast won't be needed.
Creds are stored on your local DB file. I would consider it like a cookie on your browser. Not high security by any means, but assuming your server is lan-only (like it should be), i wouldn't worry. And no, no way to "sign out" - the sign ins expire (just like any other website).
I used @babsonnexus's PBS gracenote mapping from Stream Link Manager. I really have no way to audit, but knowing him, it's gotta be on point.
that's strange! but, yes - go to the Admin/Help page and click "Browse Community Map". You can restore Gracenote from there.
Oh, this must be in your new v5.0.3. When I first added the PBS source in v5.0.0, there were no Gracenote ID's entered in the field for each channel. I see now that the GN ID numbers are there. I'll add a PBS Gracenote feed to my CDVR source list. Perhaps this will solve my programming mismatch issues.
In the earlier non-gracenote version of the PBS channels, where was the guide data coming from? I seem to recall that the PBS streaming channels didn't always show the exact same programming as their OTA counterparts.
I agree!
Any thoughts on how to pull this off? Or at least be able to grab the games for a few teams? It would be great to be able to watch or DVR games for my team.
Is there any hope to get this working with drm deep link channels in DirecTV/DirecTV stream free,/HBOmax/peacock?
How does this differ from prismcast?
Anyone using YouTube TV sports plan? If so, how many of the channels are working through Fastchannels? I was thinking about switching up my current subscription that is a mixture of fubo and sling.
good feedback!
I agree- most looks like Prismcast errors.
The "stripped empty MPD" is expected behavior. I noticed during my testing that Shaka (the web player that plays the DRM streams and that Prism uses for its Chrome session) chokes sometimes on empty audio/video packets. I believe that happens during ad transitions. So, I excluded those.
The POST /play/cox/license/ logs is when FastChannels has to renew the Widevine license from the upstream provider. It happens in less than ~1 second, so hopefully it's not choking Shaka/Prismcast, but worth keeping an eye on.
Also, I'll improve on that Gracenote ID lookup for the TVE stations.
Did you try the one from the gracenote_id_natural column?
![]()
Since there are hundreds of stations, I haven't verified the special situations like this (but I am aware of a couple, even one where it is like a half-and-half station). If you find "natural" Gracenote IDs are better than the generic one for certain stations, I can certainly swap them in.
However, you should verify that it is actually showing that program first. In my experience, even if it says it is playing something else on PBS's website/API (which is where the XML guide data that FC is using is coming from), it's not true and is still showing the generic Create/World/FNX/NHK World feed.
Confidence has paid off!
This is the expected result for me. Some notes:
-
I don't seem to have my local FOX station on FoxOne, even though I definitely put in my zip code...
-
There is a name mismatch between the
FOX Sports TVElogin and theFOX TVEsource. -
The local NBC appears to be playing some station in Ohio (I'm in Rhode Island).
-
With NBC, I'm getting stations I'm not entitled to. I tried to play and got this:
2026-08-12 13:10:49,556 WARNING app.routes.play: [nbc-tve-dash] resolve failed for necn: NBC TVE: Cox account is not entitled to necn.I know it's like this on the web and apps, too, so don't know if there is much you can do without testing it first.
-
Even though FYI gives me the notAuthorized error, the station still showed up after I added the
A + E Networks. More so, even though I see this in the logs...2026-08-12 11:57:23,646 INFO app.routes.play: [play] request_id=b803eab32b3e80a7 ip=172.24.0.1 source=aenetworks_tve channel_id=fyi channel_name=FYI 2026-08-12 11:57:26,262 WARNING app.scrapers.aenetworks_tve: [aenetworks-tve] MVPD not authorized for fyi: Adobe authorization error: notAuthorized... it still plays!
-
None of the Warner TVE stations would play for me in any situation I tried. They all just started playing in the future and went nowhere else:

Also, the Warner TVE stations will not show up on standard, Gracenote, or native playlists. They only appeared on the PrismCast ones.
-
I couldn't get it to consistently happen, but the PrismCast DRM bridge would occasionally fail and I would see stuff like this...
2026-08-12 12:09:20,087 WARNING app.routes.play: [prismcast-ts] resolve failed for channel=4915: HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.255.1.144', port=5589): Read timed out. (read timeout=35)It only fixed when I completely reloaded the m3u. I was using the MPEG-TS edition at that point. Is it possible that has some type of timeout built into it? If so, that would be problematic!
-
In the Feeds:
- There doesn't seem to be a way to get the MPEG-TS version when there is a Gracenote split.
- There isn't a way to filter to get ONLY bridge-only stations in the PrismCast playlist(s).
- There isn't a way to get a "native" version of the PrismCast playlist that combines the Gracenote and EPG stations together.
- I would expect that if something were on the PrismCast playlist that it would be parsed to PrismCast to play, regardless of its source. However, when I play one of these TVE stations from the PrismCast playlist, they do just play their natural feeds from FC.
-
I tried every single HLS station for a few seconds and, aside from what I listed, they all worked. I tested a couple of the NBC and PBS bridge stations and they worked as well, except where I documented.
@KineticMan perhaps this is already doable or you already do this , but concerning the TVE channels going forward (any provider once you add others)
As we enter these into our channels DVR sources......
In channels DVR world, all the TVE channels are in the 6xxx range, ex. AMC is 6086.
When we create the TVE feeds, instead of using a starting number which you numerically count upward from there to create the fast channels feed - can we assign a most significant digit - lets say 1xxxx - to a fast channels feed, but then have fast channels parse the channel names to assign the lower digits to match exactly what channels DVR does. So the fast channels TVE AMC version could be 16086 and the others would automatically match as well.
This makes it very easy for those who use channel numbers in channels DVR to be able to switch back and forth without having to remember "very different numbers" Also makes M3Us for tuners much more readable and transferable by just adding a most significant digit....
This came about just now as I need to add an alternate TVE AMC network channel via fast channels for testing purposes.....
just a thought...


