@KineticMan I got DAI working with DirecTV I don't think it's me. I think it must be pulling from a different CDN because the picture is so much sharper, at least in my head. I don't know if I'm going crazy, but it looks so much better than it did without DAI. I don't know if they're just using a different CDN or something, but it looks like way better.
I can see the ad stitching happening, so I know it's definitely working, and it let me pull up several streams at once. I'm seeing local ads for my local area as well.
If it's okay with you, I'd like to open a pull request for your review, but I think this might be a solid addition as an optional thing. But I really think the picture quality is better. It's definitely clearer and sharper. I don't know that the bitrate's higher, but it has to do with whatever CDN they're using or delivering from now.
Edit: confirmed it's now pulling from their primary CDN, and that's probably why it looks just like my Ospreys did and not as blocky and compressed.
Looking at logging that I had Claude parse, it almost seems like it's dropping up and down in terms of quality on the other CDN. Whereas on this one that has the DAI enabled, it seems to be consistently at the highest rung. That could be what I'm seeing.