Favorites

It would be great to have a view of all the Channels that are available and which source(s) might be associated to them in a single view. I haven't tested this yet, but if you add favorite channels for a specific source and that source goes away, will that channel still be a favorite from one of the other sources if they overlap? From how it seems, the favorites are independent to each source, so I would assume no.

for example

[6140] ESPN1 --> ESPNHD (Uverse), ESPNHHD (Comcast) etc

Favorites are tied to a particular source and channel. This is by design, because recording priority is given to favorite channels first. By doing this, it will allow you to have a particular source be used by default for a recording for only a particular channel, while still allowing another source to be the priority for other channels.

1 Like

Another note, the handling of favorites differs by platform:

• The DVR server syncs the favorite/disabled status of a channel back to the tuner. (This is for HDHR tuners; TVE/Locast sources have no physical device to sync to. I have no clue how Xteve/Telly proxy pseudo-devices handle these statuses.)
  • iOS/tvOS clients read the favorite/disabled status from the devices/DVR server upon initial startup; further changes made to those statuses are local to the client device, and do not propagate back to the devices/DVR.
  • Android devices (including Amazon FireOS devices) keep their favorite/disabled status in sync with the devices/DVR server. (They operate the same as the DVR in this regard.)

There are plans to implement a cross-platform way to manage all of this and keep clients in sync, but presently it's only for Android, and always-on.

1 Like