Feature Request: Ability to disable Timeline bar

I hate this Timeline bar, and how it shows up after every fast forward. I like to fast forward through the news, and the Timeline bar is always over top of whatever graphic the new is showing on the bottom of the screen. The ability to disable this, unless the up directional is hit would be fabulous.

What platform and remote are you using?

On Apple TV you can tap the remote to hide the timeline.

On Android TV you can press Up on the remote

FireStick, and yes, Im now in the habit of hitting 'up' immediately after every fast forward, but that has really gottwn old. If hitting up permanently disabled it, that'd be the best scenario.

I don't mind the timeline bar when fast forwarding or rewinding, but I would like the ability to hide it on Virtual Channels when it changes from one piece of content to the next.

I second this. Virtual channels is completely ruined when the timeline bar pops up every time the next episode plays. Please add option to disable the timeline bar when using virtual channels.

3 Likes

I dont mind the timeline bar. It reminds me of real linear TV. I like that. As long as its not disabled by default, idk.

A virtual channel shouldn't have a timeline bar pop up on screen each time a new video plays. It ruins the illusion of it being a "channel'. If there is no option to disable that, then "virtual channels" should be renamed to "playlists" bc the former is just false advertising.

I requested they add some transparency to the bar so you can see what's behind when watching sports, but nope, gotta block bottom third of the screen. The Channels Carbon theme for android tv has good transparency, but AppleTV can't be themed, and I've moved on from Android. Only thing I don't like about this version.

Yes we were watching a virtual channel yesterday and when the timeline appears it’s quite distracting.

Would be green to disable for virtual channels and perhaps set a timeout period for others.

1 Like

+1 for a smaller forward/rewind indicator rather than timeline bar

+1. My issue is with the description bar on the bottom of the screen in ios (ipad). Everytime I jump forward it blocks the bottom of the screen for a couple seconds afterwards, I usually do 15 seconds jumps to skip free throws in basketball and immediately after I'm looking on the bottom of screen for the score to see how many were made and I can't.

The bars are the most irritating thing when watching sports. Equal to a case of poison ivy. The only time bars should come up on the screen is when the skip button is held down to seek, on pause, or when up or down is pressed. It serves no purpose and displays no useful info. Just dismiss it with the directional button you say? How about quit cluttering the screen with bars that can be pulled up two other ways to view that info.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed it pops up during FPS changes in commercials very annoying.

In the latest TestFlight beta, this is the new behavior for Virtual Channels.

2 Likes