Feature Request: Ability to manually add a "remote" tuner if user subscribes to Channels DVR

While using the iOS app, it struck me that I can’t remotely view live TV through the app like I can through the DVR web interface.

Requesting the ability to manually add a tuner to the iOS app based on the remote access IP that’s shared in the Channels DVR. This way I can use the full features of the iOS app when away from my LAN.

I believe this functionality already exists. Make sure you have remote access checked on the Settings page of the Web UI. Then add the tuner in iOS using the external IP and port, e.g. xx.xx.xx.xx:8089. Also make sure you have port 8089 forwarded appropriately in your router.

This feature is partially implemented but might not work correctly. We plan to flesh it out during the beta, once we start work on the iOS app.

1 Like

Sweet! I didn’t realize I could do that… worked first try. Looking forward to the iOS support for the DVR.

well, i guess im part of the unfleshed.
It would be nice to support DNS too, since i use tv.???.com:8089 for my host.its easier to remember and i can support dynamic dns.

In the future, this will all jut work for free by doing something like signing into the app.

We don’t expect anyone to punch in IP addresses once this is a fully supported feature. Things should just work.

3 Likes

+1 for DNS support in the settings for the iOS app. Would be great if I can use dvr.domain.com.