Feature Request - Ability to sort Channel Collections

This way we could manipulate their order in On Now.

Channel Collections are ordered by how you add them to the server side setting. Add them in the order you would like them.

…and if you wish you’d added those channels in some other order, no big deal: go into the collection in the web browser and re-order them.

I understand the current structure. I'm asking for a change. Any time a new collection is added, many of the current ones have to be removed and re-added including re-selecting all the channels in each collection just to maintain the order. This is a lot of work just to do a sort order. Dragging them up or down would be a lot easier and productive.

I don't understand what you're talking about. I want to be able to sort the collections, not the channels themselves.

You should not have to recreate the channel collection to reorder them. I believe what Maddox was referring is the order you send the channel collections to the clients from the server. This should set the order of your collections.

But you do have to recreate the collection to reorder them. Example:

Current collection:
Entertainment
News
Sports

I want to add a new collection called Custom. In the existing structure, Custom would fall to the bottom below Sports and appear that way in On Now (Entertainment News Sports Custom.) The only way to maintain an alphabetical list is to delete Entertainment, News and Sports. Start all over again adding Custom first. It's more intuitive to have a structured order in On Now than category names all over the place.

Like they say on Shark Tank. There has to be a better way!

This isn’t the case. Just clicking on a collection in the list will remove it. All you have to do is remove each of them (by clicking on it), then add them in any order you wish. Hope this helps! Took me awhile to figure out myself.

To make sure we're on the same page. I'm here on a PC http://192.168.xx.xx:8089/admin/collections/channels

Under Channel Collections I have three option icons next to each channel. Edit collection title, Duplicate channel and Delete channel. Clicking on the collection doesn't do anything. I see no way to sort them.

There’s no way to, nor is there reason to, sort them there.

The order they appear in your app has to do with how you add them to the server side setting to add them to your apps.

Ding ding ding. Just got it. At first I thought you meant my server. Easy as pie. Thank you!

1 Like