Feature request: Clock?

Do you think it would be possible to display the current time in every available screen please?

I'm missing the clock very much in that Apple TV

Thank you!

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

I'll just leave this here... has a different color scheme too :wink:

4 Likes

Love this!

Oh! Gorgeous...

Also missing a clock on all the screens. Like that interface that was posted a lot by the way..

Another clock-related request:

Indicate the current time on the guide screen with a vertical line or overlay or similar. Presently it is impossible to know exactly where in the guide "Now" is, so other than looking at the watch on your wrist, you don't know how far into an in-progress program Now currently is.

1 Like

+1, please!!!

+1 should be nice and easy to implement :slight_smile:

The Boss is driving me nuts on this point... it’s her number one complaint. Albeit we predominantly use Fire TV cubes.

Have to say, I agree, especially on the EPG page.

+1
In fact, this is the only thing that I miss about Kodi. In Kodi, I modded the on screen program display to show a 40% opaque clock and temperature bug in the upper right hand corner of screen. While some may consider this solution overkill, it was helpful and quite convenient.

1 Like

I guess it depends very much how you use Channels - for actually watching and flicking through live TV, you find yourself at the guide screen.... but then searching for the (not present) clock to work out what the time is, how long various programmes etc have left.

The mock up above pretty much nails it for me, although I do like the purple identity, but a clock, how long left on the programme, and/or when it started, with the shading showing the rough percentage, etc. Seems like a 'no brainer' for me, it would solve so many problems (increasing the WAF, wife acceptance factor, not having to listen to the same repeated complaint) in one swoop.

Not sure I've looked at my watch to tell the time this much in years!

1 Like

I too would love a clock, especially on the guide.

Additional theme colors would be my number one request. I would love a light and dark mode theme.

I’d even be willing to PAY $$$ extra for it. I’d be a great way to add some additional features that don’t change the fundamentals of the app but allow the developers to make some extra money.

1 Like