Feature Request: DVR Passes from external Watchlists

I'd like movies and shows on my watchlist (e.g. Plex, IMDB, or Trakt) to be automatically added as passes for my Channels DVR.

However, I could understand the team not wanting to take on the development burden of adding (and maintaining) this natively to Channels DVR.

If the DVR understood passes as RSS feeds, that would go a long way to providing this. At worst, someone could enable support by writing code to pull from a service's Watchlist API and output it as a standardized RSS feed, which Channels DVR could ingest.

Failing that, if the API for accessing & creating passes were published - even with 'this is unsupported' caveats - external tools could be written to integrate whatever watchlist service the user prefers with Channels DVR (e.g. as a plugin for FlexGet).

Thanks for all the great work you do,

• Paul

I'm not volunteering, but here's a start since you can view the structure of a pass and see the API used to create one.

Create a pass using what you want for an example

and see the API that's used to create it.

POST dvr/rules/new
{
    "Name": "New Advanced Pass",
    "EQ": {},
    "KeepNum": null,
    "PaddingStart": 120,
    "PaddingEnd": 120,
    "IN": {
        "Title": "A Title that will never match anything"
    }
}

Then view the pass in Channels DVR at /dvr/rules

{
    "EQ": {},
    "GT": null,
    "ID": "730",
    "IN": {
      "Title": "A Title that will never match anything"
    },
    "Image": "",
    "KeepNum": 0,
    "KeepOnly": "",
    "LT": null,
    "Limit": 0,
    "NE": null,
    "NI": null,
    "Name": "New Advanced Pass",
    "NumJobs": 0,
    "PaddingEnd": 120,
    "PaddingStart": 120,
    "Paused": false,
    "Priority": 0,
    "Rerecord": false,
    "UpdatedAt": 1694230648208
}
1 Like

Thanks, chDVRuser - that should be enough for me to get started. No, I wasn't expecting anyone to do it for me :slight_smile:

Though it'd be great if the devs see it as a good idea and add it to their list...

• Paul

Actually @maddox has mentioned interest in Trakt integration a few times over the years (most recently this past July -- Trakt Intergration? - #10 by maddox). So its promising they are even thinking about it, even though, as the dev mentioned, there are some considerable hurtles. If they could get around those issues its reasonable to expect some form of pass creation from lists. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

BTW. Since you literally titled this thread as "feature request", I moved it to the Feature Request category.

And this will be your new best friend as you explore the undocumented API's

For instance getting a seriesId for a show or movie not in the current guide by doing a find match for an import using Gracenote data.