Feature Request - DVR Passes that Record Missing Episodes

Please consider adding the ability to create a Recording Pass that will only record Missing episodes from a given TV show. This would go a long way towards completing partial collections that were, for example, imported into Channels via the local library/import feature.

This is already the default behavior. The DVR won't record things that are already recorded or imported.

Well that's very strange because I have two specific Passes that do not record missing episodes unless I manually seek them out in the guide and schedule the recording. I must be doing something wrong. I'll look into it after I've had a good night's sleep.

Quite possible there are bugs, so we're happy to look into it.

You would need to set the pass to All episodes so it would consider recording ones not marked as New.

Also make sure you have enabled “re-record deleted episodes” in the advanced pass options.

I am interested in this re-record deleted episodes as I had several episodes that the signal kept going in an out on..so i deleted them. Can you guide me to where this advance option is as I am not seeing it? I appreciate the help!

It’s only visible in the dvr web ui, when looking at the advanced pass options.

Okay STupid question, How do I get to that? i am familiar with the Channels settings area...but not what you have a screen shot of.

Web UI / DVR Passes / Arrow pointing down (far right) / Advanced

It's on your Mac where the dvr runs, http://localhost:8089