Feature request: Favorite Show (Linear TV)

Love the new stuff in the Beta to manage recorded content and looking forward to rolling that out to the family when it is ready for release. However, I have a suggestion for a very helpful feature for those of us who still watch live (gasp), linear broadcast television; Favorite Shows. Even with live TV, we watch shows, not channels. So while favorite channels may get you in the ballpark, with favorite shows you could instantly go to correct channel when that show is live (or almost ready to start). Shows, regular news programs or even FAVORITE SPORTS TEAMS! (did I overdo the emphasis?) could all be marked as favorites similar to how recordings or season passes are set. Just don't particularly want to record everything, and if I did, I may still want to watch it live when it starts.

You could have an option to display your favorite shows on the top shelf for quick navigation, or conspicuously in other places in the UI perhaps.

I saw something similar to this in the first release of DTVNow. I loved the idea of the feature but being AT&T they hosed it up and then eventually removed it altogether. Haven't subscribed for a couple of years now so have no idea if it does something like that.

My #1 feature desire remains to be able to change the lineup/order centrally from the DVR, but perhaps something like this might get me directly to the content I want to watch even faster than a well organized lineup showing on now.

In any case, thank you for all you do

Maybe this follow-on question would be better on its own, but here goes...

I have been attempting to bodge-up this feature using existing functionality. What I have done is create a season pass for some of my favorite shows and then added "up-next" to the top-shelf so that they appear there whenever one of them is "on now".

Works pretty well except for two things: 1) When I select the show to watch I don't get the "watch live or watch recording" options; 2) Of course it is "stick" so it stays there until a new show starts.

Pretty slick actually, especially for my sports teams. But a little too kludgy to roll out to the family.

Anyway, my question is am I doing something wrong or not setting something up so that when an up-next item is selected from the top shelf I have the option to play live?

Also, pretty sure the answer is no, but is there anyway to combine the "On Now" screen on TVOS with Up Next.

Thanks

Combining anything with the Apple TV app requires explicit cooperation with Apple at a corporate level, so that’s unlikely to happen, at least in the near future. Channels is not a big enough player to be on Apple’s radar. Maybe some day!

While I would love for the TV app to integrate with Channels, or even have live tv of any kind, this is just about the Channels app. Basically just improving discovery of live shows within Channels itself.