[Feature Request] Frame by Frame Advance via Siri Remote

Enable a frame by frame advance/rewind using the top corners of the Siri remote touchpad.

After pausing playback, clicking on the right top edge of the Siri remote would do a single frame advance.

Clicking on the left top edge of the Siri remove would do a single frame rewind. Each click would advance or rewind by one frame.

Similarly, clicking and holding from either side would advance/rewind in slow motion until you release at which time it would pause on the frame at that point.

Aside: One way this could be used would be in conjunction with the existing “pause and scrub” functionality as a fine tune method. For example, you could begin the scrub by pausing and swiping, then when you get in the general area of interest, you could simply stop the swipe and click on the top sides of the remote in order to advance or rewind the playhead from that point, frame by frame.

+1

Frame by frame would be nice to have.

2 Likes

This was a feature I had on BeyondTV. I would love to see frame advance/back options.

Reviving an old request as I saw someone asking about this for sports on Reddit. My old Tivo would let you advance a single frame at a time and seems like that would be a great feature for Channels. I'm not sure enabling it as a Siri remote feature would be ideal, but maybe an option after you pause to be able to index forward or back a frame at a time.