Feature Request: Guide Over-lay

The only thing I wish was available was the ability to access the guide without exiting the program being watched.
Yes you can access favorite channels by pulling down to show the “Quick Guide” which is your favorite channels. It would be nice if there was a optional guide option (with transparency) next to the Quick Guide option. Allowing a guide to overly on top of the live program being watched. Not sure if the limitation is because of intellectually property.

5 Likes

Seconding this. Basically keeping the Quick Guide, but to show a full scrollable grid-guide. Hulu's Live TV does this well I think with a swipe-up feature from the current stream. See here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=pw7N9Y-p87w

Yes. I really miss the full mini guide style overlay that Emby has.
I like Channles top bar Quick Quide design, but it lacks the ability to see guide info for the channel (or others) for what us up next and in the future.

It has a tiny section that says what show is comming up next, and in how many min from now, but just shows the show title, no episode info etc, and no way to select it to expand info.
Have back out into the full guide to see info of what up next.

Or, what I have been doing, using laptop or phone and pulling up the guide on some other device to check...a bit of a hassel.

I use Android tv, but assume it is the same on Apple atm.