Feature Request: Increased timeout fetching URLs

my code seems to be working well to hook youtube live streams as custom channels.

It takes a few seconds to get/process the data and sometimes Channels will timeout waiting -- it looks like there's a 5 second timeout. Can you bump that to 8 or 10 ?

Which part is timing out exactly?

it's during the initial import when saving the new source -> custom channel when using for more than 5-6 streams. if you try again it works because then the data is cached on my side and is served quickly.

im working to make it faster like getting the stream data in parallel instead of serial. but there's still some lag and dont know yet if all requests are going to come back and be processed in 5 seconds

also thinking about some tricks like keeping the client redirecting to myself every couple of seconds until the m3u8 is done being built, but figured i'd ask for a longer timeout before hacking around like that.

Hmm I'm still confused. If you can copy the timeout from the log that would help. When you add a custom channel we don't try to connect to each stream.. that only happens when you watch.

when clicking Save, it fetches the URL to get the m3u8 to set up the guide and everything

2023/01/14 12:31:02.176511 [ERR] Failed to request m3u for yt2: Get "https://kister.net/cgi-bin/yt2m3u8.mpl?start_chan=0.9300&v=KR8l9t8YpqQ&v=8KGXSjtS5pk&v=F109TZt3nRc&v=86YLFOog4GM&v=NLhxcyzXQxM&v=rxBBRLWF0mM&v=mhJRzQsLZGg&v=UTIZpZC8v5w&v=11111111111&v=&v=11111111113": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

&v=&v=11111111113"

Typo, or used for testing?

Got it. We can increase this timeout

1 Like

typo. but the code knows what to do with that and wasn't part of the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like