Feature request - keep only 1 recording

Hi guys,

This isn’t a big one, but - I like to record daily news shows so that I can watch them in the evening. I only want today’s broadcast, especially because the ‘Up Next’ menu shows the oldest recording first (which makes sense, but doesn’t work for daily shows where I only want the latest one).

Could you update the settings to enable me to keep only the last 1 recording of a show?

2 Likes

I concur :innocent:

We plan to add an option so you can make shows where you want to watch “latest first” and have those shown in Up Next automatically

Can’t think of a use case for that feature, if you add the option to retain 1 airing only.

Ultimately, would really rather see deletion of previous recording immediately upon completion of latest.

A true retain of only 1 (latest), without having a previous airing also (until maintenance occurs, i.e., currently for keep 3 episodes…sometimes we have 4…which imo is OK for any option number greater than 1).

I agree completely. I really would like to see an option to retain only one single (i.e.; most recent) recording of a show. As said previously, this is mostly applicable to time shifting news shows but might be useful for sports events as well.

I doubt if this can be done for DVR 1.0, but maybe for DVR 2.x…

Maybe an option of “Keep most recent X” where x can be either an input entry or a selectable option of 1,2,5,7,all (defaulting to all)

This would cover the Sports/News type items as well as shows that you may want to see if missed, but don’t care about keeping long term…

The only caveat would then be what to do (other than manually copying it to another folder) if you end up recording an episode that you want to now keep… Maybe an “archive/keep” option as well so that if an episode is marked “keep” it is handled differently?

Passes already have the selectable option: Keep 3,5,10,20,30

The request is to add option of 1 only. And in the future to adjust that option of 1 to a true single episode.

1 Like

Hi guys - no love for this feature request? Would seem like an easy one to allow us to keep 1 recording of a show only.

+1 for latest episode only option. Also, really dig the top shelf additions. Nice touch.

I will[quote=“tmm1, post:3, topic:704, full:true”]
We plan to add an option so you can make shows where you want to watch “latest first” and have those shown in Up Next automatically
[/quote]

I want this more. there are a bunch of shows where this would be preferred, especially recording a series with reruns. I don’t have a purpose for latest only. that i can see.

This has already been implemented. It is currently only available on the web UI, in the same place as Feature request: Comskip ini access

You are going to keep making me get off my butt and log in to a computer, arent you. :smile: You must be part of Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” program. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks Obama!

Hah. The web admin UI works just as well on a phone or tablet.

Again, the implementation is for 3,5,10,20,30 shows. There is NO option for only 1…see comments early in this thread.

We now have 6 passes which would greatly benefit with a “keep 1” option. And my husband being a news junkie, may add more :cry:

+1 - its a great feature for news shows.

1 Like

Should this be flagged this as a feature request so that we can vote on it?

+1 for the one show feature. Had it with DirecTV, and It’s a automatic space saver. The previous copy of my show was available till the new one was done recording. Used it for Sunday Morning every week, and the evening news every day.

+1 to add keep 1 most recent. News shows screams for this.

+1 for keeping only 1 recording! I want just the most recent Jeopardy! Episode, but don’t need them clogging up if we don’t watch them.

I must have been out to lunch when the keep 1 option was added. :sunglasses:

Just noticed and thought I’d add a notation for any others who may have missed it.

Thanks