Feature Request: LOCAST Support

FYI a bunch of new local stations were added in DC and Baltimore. And it looks like Seattle is the next city which will be added.

I would encourage everyone to email Locast support about this issue so they can improve the SD broadcasts.

Some issues with Locast that started this week have been fixed in v2019.10.23.1925

The channels have also been renumbered, so you will need to reset your favorites.

What is the best way to handle DRV Recording on channel 7000? Will it somehow auto fix? I just installed the new version beyond 1925 and I checked the DVR and it has a number of shows on 7000.

FYI... The 7000 channels auto switched to the correct number. I think 7046 now.

However, my NBC Channels have 2 channels, 6000,7047. And I did disable NBC, ABC and FOX because they are now part of TVE.

This may auto switch as well given a little time. But as long as it uses 6000 I am ok.

The new numbering is supposed to start at 5900. If you click pencil under TVE what numbers are shown?

The bug with numbering is fixed in v2019.10.24.0043

After update you can trigger a guide reload to fix any upcoming scheduled recordings.

When or how often is locast location rechecked? If you get it set as a source, does the location stick? If you login remotely from another location, will the location change? Does the locast login timeout occasionally and require reauth from the location? Thinking about how this fails when doing a lot of remote DVR access, or if a login expiration ends up missing a recording

Location is saved during initial setup. The login is valid for a year if I remember correctly.

1 Like